This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Mosaic wishlist
Hey folks, we've got some messages about desired widgets that you would like to see in basic and pro version of Mosaic.
So this thread is a wishlist for Mosaic features&widgets. Please post here your needs and ideas.
Hi Nick,

I would like to have a widget that can select all objects (by name) and add a value that will add a TAG with this value to the object.

This way you can dynamicly add a TAG to objects, making it possible for customer to add objects to a scene number on the fly.

This will result in a option for customers to create there own scene groups, the rest of the scene handling can be done by script.

I already have created the script to save and call values from objects with a certain TAG, but the tagging must be done by the programmer, so this will solve that.

BR,

Erwin
Hi Nick,

I really like mosaic, it is simpel and easy to use. Nearly dummy proof ;-)

I got plenty of ideas that could sooner or later end up in your product like

Navigation and Overviews
--------------------------------
- Allow to create floor levels and organize rooms per level
- Allow to create custom backgrounds/floorplan
- Allow to create fixed/relative location of widgets
- Allow to include custom links

Widgets
----------
- Scene selectors
- Multibutton widget with support to dim for a group of buttons (we use quite often switching actors behind dimming actors)
- metering widgets (electro, water, water levels,...)
- multimedia widgets for controlling tv, audio, ....
- rss feed widgets, tv channel feed widgets, ..
- ip camera widgets

Pro Widgets
----
Widget Creator tool for custom widgets (including template and variables)

Bugfixes
----------
Better support for safari browser from IPad and IPhone, for instance deleting/editing rooms does not seem to work

Let us know what is in the pipeline

Thanks
Nicky
Nice to see that there is already an update for mosaic

I like the new features, especially
- the inline html and iframe widget, which allows to integrate nearly everything
- the grouping of widgets per room

I do not like
- the instable solution, I lost already 2 times the entire configuration. I do not know why but suspect a hickup in the connection. For now I do not consider it production / end customer ready
- rendering issues in internet explorer, the room selection is rendered at the top instead of bottom of the page and overlaps with first row of widgets

Other features I would like to have in your product
- reusable widgets, where one could define a widget once and reuse it at other places (I use rooms also for floors)
- floors, I am already running out of space with only the concept room

All in all looks promising, but loosing configuration several times is not fun
Is there any manual for Mosaic? I'd like to create my own controls and trends.
Scene selector or/and a scene activator widget, and a metering widget would be really nice Smile
I like to see a controls like HomeServer QuadClient and the possibility to change Icons and texts to adapt the widgets to a specific functions. One switch, for example, can be used to turn on the light or to turn on the climate pump, music server, etc.
Guys when do we get a stable mosaic application ?

I think so far I had to restart for the 10th time my whole project again.

I think the problem is related to changes in the group addresses meaning
- removing/reshuffling some

Result
- first you cannot access some rooms anymore (no response, navigation possible)
- then I try to remove / recreate the room (impossible on ipad/no reaction, not possible in explorer)
- then no rooms at all anymore, whole project empty

Frustrating with a big F
Do you mean the first version or Mosaic 2.0? If you are having issues with 2.0, can you describe how to reproduce them in more detail?
Hello

It is the version of mosaic running on the firmware 2015.09.17

It is difficult to pinpoint when the problem exactly occurs, but it is linked to changes in group addresses
1. I setup the interface with mosaic create rooms and link group addresses to widgets
2. I remove/change group addresses
3. I go to mosaic to adapt the group addresses, but mosaic does not allow me to navigate to some rooms with changed group addresses linked to widgets
4. last resort, I delete the related room, but apparently no success until I restart my session and then see that my whole project has been wiped, no rooms
It would be good if mosaic visualisation would have:
- individual color for room block and room (e.g. red = 1 floor, green = 2 floor etc.)
- room symbol in the block.
What about manuals for Mosaic 2.0? How can I prepare custom widgets? Maybe someone have some example?
Please see manual for creating widgets in Mosaic 2.0 attached.

Attached Files
.pdf   Mosaic_widgets_eng.pdf (Size: 568.44 KB / Downloads: 204)
(06.09.2016, 12:00)edgars Wrote: Please see manual for creating widgets in Mosaic 2.0 attached.

I will check, ThanksWink
I would like to see the SONOS application included in Mosaic 2.0. Or, at least, links to control the music (next/prev, volume, mute etc).
Hmm, should be possible to deeplink to Sonos app...

Will check if and how to do it..

BR,

Erwin
I just upgraded my firmware to the latest version and upgraded from mosaic 1 to mosaic 2

I notice some nice improvements, but also less widgets and some bugs?

1) I am missing the date and time widgets that I used a lot to configure timings.
Where can I find them ? Or are there custom widgets available that I can add ?

2) The roman blinds (move/stop) widget has changed and is not working correctly anymore
the + an - have been swapped, the + makes the screens go up, the -  makes the screens go down. But when the screen is up or down the corresponding button is deactivated

Could you please fix this

Thanks
Nicky
Would it be possible to share a complete example how to create a widget for mosaic 2.0

For instance an the widget of the roman blinds (move/stop)
Here you can download Mosaic Widget creation manual:
http://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/201...ts_eng.pdf
Thanks edgars

I read it already but it would really help to have a complete example in a tar gzip file that follows the required structure and start extending/adaptief from there

Further on it would help to have a change log what changes between releases, in this case mosaic 1 en 2 are quite different which have led to some issues with my Customer because widgets have dissapeared and behaviour changed

So i will try to program the changes back to what was there in mosaic 1

Thanks
Nicky