This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus errors in the Log
Hello!

To LM4 connected 3 fancoil units (serial/chain connection). All 3 devices works perfectly: controlled independently, I see status of devices, temperatures and etc.
But i'm noticed in the log errors tab long list of errors, they appears each few second with message:

Fancoil_g (RTU slave 1) read failed: Operation timed out
Fancoil_k (RTU slave 2) read failed: Operation timed out
Fancoil_s (RTU slave 3) read failed: Operation timed out

Can you tell me the reason of these messages (taking in mind that devices works ok)?
Try increasing timeout value in device settings, you need to be running latest firmware.
Hi!

Firmware latest, timeout setting was changed, result same - many timeout errors in the log.
Devices works perfectly.
Maybe you have mapped a coil/register which is not present in the device. By standard device must reply with an error response, but some simply ignore this so a timeout error occurs.
Hi!

Can I upload here json file (just 5 registers) and Modbus description of devices? Can you check json code for errors?
Sure, no problem
Hi,

Attachments here.

Attached Files
.pdf   modbus sabiana MB EXT EN v0.5.pdf (Size: 166.66 KB / Downloads: 38)
.json   sabiana_sky.json (Size: 602 bytes / Downloads: 25)
.json   sabiana_stena.json (Size: 604 bytes / Downloads: 18)
Set-point datatype should be int16, also value_multiplier should be set to 0.1. You can set bus_datatype to "bool" for on/off switch. Also, it looks like second profile addresses are incorrect, you can write addresses in hex like this, so they match the ones in the docs:
Code:
{ "name": "Summer_set-point_wr", "datatype": "uint16", "type": "register", "address": 0x102D, "writable": 1 }