This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Open link in internet explorer
Hi
We have a building with a couple of modbus tcp hvac. They have build in java web interface, regin controllers.
Is it possible from edge/mozilla to link to the web adress and use internet explorer to open it due to this is only browser using java
Hi,

You can't control another application from a browser as this would mean a huge security gap (:

I have done this before in another way, i created a windows application in VB and i created a UDP listener that listen to several commands, with those commands you can open other applications on the client or any other client side action. I put that executable inside startup to make sure it always runs on the background.

This way you can send a UDP messages from your controller to the client to open other applications that you can set on a position and on top on your current browser session.

If you know how to program inside VB i can share the source of this application so you can tweak it to your wishes. It already have a lot of listeners in it like show/hide keyboard etc.

I used it before we had client side scripting (.lp) so you might need to update some components due to new .Net versions. It's only for Windows clients.

BR,

Erwin