This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

readonly sd card, how to extend sd card life?
Hello,

Two weeks ago i had a HL 1.5.1 with a readonly sd card -> update error, trend logs gone etc etc

Last weekend a LM (latest firmware) with a readonly sd card -> scripts gone after reboot etc etc

Both device < 3 year operation.
Both devices +- 10 trend logs.

How to extend the sd card life to prevent such failures?
(09.10.2017, 06:16)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Hello,

Two weeks ago i had a HL 1.5.1 with a readonly sd card -> update error, trend logs gone etc etc

Last weekend a LM (latest firmware) with a readonly sd card -> scripts gone after reboot etc etc

Both device < 3 year operation.
Both devices +- 10 trend logs.

How to extend the sd card life to prevent such failures?

Hi

The card used in the controller is standard MLC card and sometimes such things can happen.  Our records show 0.4% of failures which is not so bad but not good ether.  If you looking for good quality card then you should replace current one with an SLC one. You are looking to spend 50euro on such card.

The good news is that we decided to improve this situation go get to 0% level.  Some times next year we will release new hardware version with SPI flash build on the cpu board. SD card then will act as additional storage but all system will be saved on this industrial flash.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR
Daniel
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi ,

For 3 years, on 8 installed devices (LM HL) I have already replaced 4 SD cards, there we are on 50 % of failure !!
Once maintaining installed and parametrized I make a complete copy of the card by taking out it of device, it is very very much easier and faster for the restart.

BR
Jean-Marc.
Jean-Marc
(11.10.2017, 13:35)JMM Wrote: Hi ,

For 3 years, on 8 installed devices (LM HL) I have already replaced 4 SD cards, there we are on 50 % of failure !!
Once maintaining installed and parametrized I make a complete copy of the card by taking out it of device, it is very very much easier and faster for the restart.

BR
Jean-Marc.

Thats a lot of work...

After a normal restore you have to set the system settings manual. Is there a way to backup the other/system settings like ipadres, name, ntp, knxbus etc etc?
Hi,

I think that it is possible by SSH with the password, but it belongs to Admin to answer. Shy

Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc