This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

What do you guys use the LM for?
Question 
The question as stated.. 

I work as an integrator in a automation firm with my speciality in KNX. I've used the LM4/SpaceLYnk for a good number of projects ranging from just a transparent BACnet gateway to a fully blown visualisation for medium sized buildings. Latest use-case for me is in a hospital with the nurses checking alarms and states on temperatures and stuff with an easy visualisation for the nurses. 

For one upcoming project we will use 12 LM4s as floorplan gateway to a supervisor as well as utilize the scripting and logging utilities that are present in the LM environment. 

Sadly no house-projects sofar with the fun stuff as audio/TV integration..
(16.10.2015, 13:16)Sandstrand Wrote: The question as stated.. 

I work as an integrator in a automation firm with my speciality in KNX. I've used the LM4/SpaceLYnk for a good number of projects ranging from just a transparent BACnet gateway to a fully blown visualisation for medium sized buildings. Latest use-case for me is in a hospital with the nurses checking alarms and states on temperatures and stuff with an easy visualisation for the nurses. 

For one upcoming project we will use 12 LM4s as floorplan gateway to a supervisor as well as utilize the scripting and logging utilities that are present in the LM environment. 

Sadly no house-projects sofar with the fun stuff as audio/TV integration..

I am using LM3 for a three building complex automation.
The LM3 is used for scripting, visualization, SMS gateway, KNX gateway, Modbus gateway etc. 
Every system, climate monitor and automation, security system, public announcing, multiroom audio-video, CCTV etc, is intergraded in the LM and it is truly an all in one device!
One of our latest projects:
2x LM working in redundancy mode in a building consisting of an office and a private part, equipped with nearly everything you can imagine. KNX system is taking care of lights, blinds, temperatures and shades, we also have smart meters installed for water, electricity and gas. Security system is connected directly to LM throughout USB to RS232 converter, that way we have not only possibility to fully control and supervise the security system, but also we will be storing data of people arming and disarming the system within their allowed zones with logging it to external MySQL database. We use Pushover for sending every important information to the house owner, for example warnings from the HVAC system or errors from DALI gateway. We also plan to incorporate AV control, but since the private part is yet to be finished we are still designing it.

We still need to figure out how to integrate Shuco door communication system and select the appropriate CCTV system for the whole building.
Hi, I guess I'm representing the enthusiastic house-owner-DIY-guy.

Wit background in software engineering, and a (new) house with KNX, the LM is the ultimate "hub" for integration.

I stumbled upon this product while searching the Net for "KNX to Modbus interfaces", but then I also fell for the Lua- scripting examples (UPnP to control Sonos, Samsung(?) etc.)

Now I'm controlling the home ventilation (heat recovery systems) and Sonos system through KNX. Some visualisation are done through Grafana(sorry E.S., but these dashboards are just awesome). I also recently extended my KNX system by adding a ca. 10€ NodeMCU (WiFi) temperature and humidity sensor which acts as an external temperature sensor to a KNX (HVAC) Room Controller. This project uses the Remote Service on my LM. Did I mention I'm a DIY guy? Rolleyes You may read more about this project on my personal GitHub.

Keep up the good work! The LM platform is also for the electronic-diy-hobbyists! Smile

Regards,
Ole A.
(20.10.2015, 23:36)oab_nor Wrote: Hi, I guess I'm representing the enthusiastic house-owner-DIY-guy.

Wit background in software engineering, and a (new) house with KNX, the LM is the ultimate "hub" for integration.

I stumbled upon this product while searching the Net for "KNX to Modbus interfaces", but then I also fell for the Lua- scripting examples (UPnP to control Sonos, Samsung(?) etc.)

Now I'm controlling the home ventilation (heat recovery systems) and Sonos system through KNX. Some visualisation are done through Grafana(sorry E.S., but these dashboards are just awesome). I also recently extended my KNX system by adding a ca. 10€ NodeMCU (WiFi) temperature and humidity sensor which acts as an external temperature sensor to a KNX (HVAC) Room Controller. This project uses the Remote Service on my LM. Did I mention I'm a DIY guy? Rolleyes You may read more about this project on my personal GitHub.

Keep up the good work! The LM platform is also for the electronic-diy-hobbyists! Smile

Regards,
Ole A.

Love the use of the ESP-01 for this, have some projects at home I'm working on that might benefit from this. Sadly I dont have my own place with KNX/LM just yet (ironic since I live of sellings these systems) so for now I will know it's been done Smile  My Tassimo coffee pot project that use the ESP8266 along with a arduino pro-mini would integrate very well into this system. For now I just use a nodejs server on a raspberry pi for the small tasks of automation at home and various pro-minis for IoT stuff.
Hi,
I am also using the LM3:Reactor in a (new) home with KNX. Used to control ventilation, depending temperature/humidity in- and outside, visualization of various parameters. I have my completely self-coded intranet as visualization. Also the LM scripting is used for boiler control, presence simulation, brightness dependent switching of lights in- and outside the house. Futhermore some EnOcean devices are also used, for example a little pushbutton device that can switch major functions from bed such as "all lights off", etc. I l love my LM. Simply fantastic.
I am also of the home automation DIY type users. I have two apartments with a LM3 reactor in each. KNX installation for aircon and heating. DMX for the lighting using the great eldoLED LIN720D3 drivers. I use have a usb to serial interface to talk to my projector (hardware is ready, lua scripts without eta). We use it for scenes (party, at home, way, cleaning lady etc). Logging of temperature and power usage. Reed window sensors (not connected jet...). Window blinds control. In fact, most of what I wanted it for was to integrate as many protocols as possible and have a bunch of analog digital pins.

What we love the most is the phone ready interface of visualization. 

Being able to use any browser to program is great (as a linux guy).