This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI issues
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to the LM5, but by now have already spent a couple of days with the device and we are getting there.

However, I can't seem to get my DALI setup working and I can't figure out what is wrong, as it should be relatively easy.
- I'm using a LUNATONE DALI PS
- Connected to my LM5
- Connected to one DALI Ballast (EldoLED PowerDrive)

Electrically, everything should be ok (seperate DALI power supply, all 3 devices connected in parallel: power supply, ballast, LM5).
But how many times I try, when scanning, nothing is found (I tried another power supply of the same make, I tried both ports on my LM5, etc.)

A strange behaviour is however that when I reset my DALI ballast, it says no address set (it has a display="ADDR NO"), but after I ran the bus scan from LM5, it says that an address has been set ("ADDR SET"), so something is happening.
Another thing strange thing is that my user.dali script/library is empty? Is this normal?

Running an LM5p-RD with version 20170620.
Would it be possible to get remote access (ports 22 and 80) to your LM? There were some issues with EldoLED devices, but we didn't have any to test.
(30.10.2017, 07:15)admin Wrote: Would it be possible to get remote access (ports 22 and 80) to your LM? There were some issues with EldoLED devices, but we didn't have any to test.

Hey,

If you mean ports 22 and 443 that would be feasible  Smile

It would require me to adapt my setup.
Would it be ok for you to give access to ssh & https on other port numbers?
I already have quite a complex setup at home ...

If ok, I will provide you with the credentials via a seperate PM.

ProStar
Source port number does not matter, please send details via PM
I provided the access, do let me know when and what you tried ... with hopefully a positive outcome.
The end of this story was never told, so I finally took the time to write an end to it.

After 'admin' logged in remotely to my LM, I was told the DALI module in LM could not sense any transmission from the LED driver. But my info confirmed that the transmission from the LM to the driver was working. So I agreed I would send them (Embedded Systems SIA) an EldoLED unit to do further testing.

Relatively fast after they received the unit, I was told that the EldoLed did not fully follow the DALI standard. According to standard logical zero voltage must be below 4.5V, but EldoLED has at least 5V. Even on a short line. They applied some small changes in the hardware to improve compatibility and got it to work properly. They proposed me to send over the 'adapted' device (and the ELDOled) if I agreed to send back my device. I agreed, so upon receiving the units back I could easily verify everything was working now.

To cut a long story short: I really had the best customer experience in a long time with Embedded System SIA, as my LM now controls my 4 ELDOleds without any issues since the beginning of December. Again a big thank you!