This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX read misc values from switch with script
I am wondering if it is possible to read different values from a switch. As an example I have a switch with thermostat(GIRA 514200). I would like to know if it is possible to read out values from this? I am interested in setpoint and actual temperature and operating mode

The reason for this is because every once in a while the temperature or operating mode changes on some of the switches in my house. Other members of the household deny that it is their fault e.g pressing the wrong buttons when they are turning off the lights.
The objects has to be linked to group adresses, if this has not been done theres in nothing you can do from the LM. Are there not created groups for this in the project, do you use ETS yourself`?

Best regards, Jørn.
Hi,

When the objects are asigned to a group address inside the ETS, then the read flag must also been set on the object to be able to read the object value from the (any) controller.

When all of the above is correct you can execute a grp.read(address) to request the current value from the object(s).

BR,

Erwin
(12.11.2017, 11:12)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

When the objects are asigned to a group address inside the ETS, then the read flag must also been set on the object to be able to read the object value from the (any) controller.

When all of the above is correct you can execute a grp.read(address) to request the current value from the object(s).

BR,

Erwin

This has not been done in my house. I have not yet received any ets-file from my electrician. On the other hand I have found out what was wrong with the switch. It happened that the location where the switch is placed is hit by direct sunlight, meaning that the measured temperature is increased until the switch resets itself and the default temp is set. Looking into this now.