This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Gateway to Crestron
Hi

Has anybody succesfully set up a connection from KNX-bus to Crestron-processor through an LM4? If so, how is this done?

Regards 

Bjørn
Hi,

Crestron use a proprietary protocol.
And they have gateway to other protocols like cresnet-KNX, crestnet-modbus, ...

You could use a crestnet-knx gateway for this. our maybe by ethernet, but I'm not sure you have an open API on the processor...
(20.02.2017, 18:34)mlaudren Wrote: Hi,

You could use a crestnet-knx gateway for this. our maybe by ethernet, but I'm not sure you have an open API on the processor...

The point here was to use LM4 as a Crestron --> KNX gw, so that you don`t have to buy both :Smile

So make a connection from Crestron to LM via TCP/IP and read/write to Groupadresses in KNX. 

Has this been done?
I have heard that somebody from our partner's customers has done this type of integration over TCP client/server. I have requested if its possible to send us this work for public sharing. Will update here once and if I have it.
(21.02.2017, 18:35)Arnts Wrote:
(20.02.2017, 18:34)mlaudren Wrote: Hi,

The point here was to use LM4 as a Crestron --> KNX gw, so that you don`t have to buy both :Smile

So make a connection from Crestron to LM via TCP/IP and read/write to Groupadresses in KNX. 

Has this been done?

Didn't understand it properly...
I thought the goal was to control Crestron device from LM.

If it's to control knx From the Crestron processor (trough LM), yes, using the remote API will work fine, or as said by Arnts TCP connection.
Hi,

You can make the connection between Crestron and LM using example of the site.
http://openrb.com/example-lm2-as-tcp-ser...-requests/.
You need to come up with a data transfer protocol between the Creston and LM. I have used in this message format - “function_groupadress_value”:
- “function”- name function (switch, temp, dimm)
- Groupadress - Group address bus KNX
- Value - the value for the group address
This message must be disassembling in LM.
Detail of script code
--function_ groupadress_value
dim_check = string.split(data, '_')
--диммирование освещении
if (dim_check[1] == 'dimm' || dim_check[1] == 'temp'|| dim_check[1] == 'switch') then
value = tonumber(dim_check[3])
grp.write(dim_check[2], value)
end
The response from the LMA in Crestron is forming similarly to the example online.
http://openrb.com/example-lm2-as-tcp-ser...-requests/.

Event-based program
Event-based script will monitor the object ‘1/1/1’, if it is switched on, “Lamp is ON” is sent to all TCP clients currently connected to Logic Machine 2 TCP server, if lamp is switched off – “Lamp is OFF”.
Source code

1. value = knxdatatype.decode(event.datahex, dt.bool)
2. udpsend('Lamp is' .. (value and 'ON' or 'OFF'))

Crestron connects with the LMA through the unit "TCP/IP client". You must specify the correct port and IP-address of the LM.
I think there will not be problems with sending commands and parsing response from LM.
Checked the mentioned steps. It seems, that is working for getting the status of KNX GAs.
Here, how can we control KNX GAs from Crestron with TCP/IP?