This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

setting value of object without triggering script or writing on bus
Hi

Is there a way to set the value of an knx object without triggering a script or writing on the bus?

Thanks
Nicky
Do you mean you want to change internal object value in LM? Can you give some detail on why do you need this?
(16.01.2018, 07:25)admin Wrote: Do you mean you want to change internal object value in LM? Can you give some detail on why do you need this?

Indeed i have created a Gateway for Yamaha devices where the commands to the Yamaha device get triggered through  Objects tagged with Yamaha which Works perfectly,

But if I sync the device state through a deamon, which is needed when the user uses his remote for instance then I end up in a loop by triggering the same command again to the Yamaha

If I do not do the status update on that object but another specific status object I cannot use check write anymore.
You can use event.sender field to check what caused the script to execute. It will be either bus or a two-character string, different for scripts, user action etc.
Ok that is indeed an option, i will try that

Thanks
How can I determine which script triggered the update?

The two character string does not seem to be unique per script?

Thanks
No, but you can set your own 2-char id by setting grp.sender field before calling any other grp functions.