This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Math - Blinds position calculation
Hello

I'm looking for mathematic formula for calculating of position of blinds.
The idea is: I know azimuth and horizon of sun position.
I know position of my window and position of my desk in the room.
The requirement is: I want natural light but sun must not shine directly to my table.
I tried it but the calculation looks so complex.

Don't you have already done solution for this request?
Thank you
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
(19.01.2018, 11:28)Thomas Wrote: Hello

The requirement is: I want natural light but sun must not shine directly to my table.

Thank you

Look at this post
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...d+position
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(19.01.2018, 13:17)Daniel. Wrote:
(19.01.2018, 11:28)Thomas Wrote: Hello

Thank you

Look at this post
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...d+position

Unfortunately it's a different topic. I don't believe the only one message touching this topic suggesting "Use just elevation" works. Especially in summer and winter season there must be a big difference in azimuths.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
If it is about blinds(not shutters) then elevation responds for height and for comfort use it is enough to have such levels: 0%, 30%, 50%, 100%(blinds are running only a few times per day not continuously).

Azimuth is important for filter if from such window sun is visible so e.g. when your window is on south side you can set range to 90-180 degrees.

Very important are also some trees or buildings which are in front of your window. And such objects are visible in different way(elevation-for different floors and azimuth for different windows on same floor) for any window because they are not so far like sun. You can look at this 2 screenshot from 2 windows which are near to themselves(transparent-0%, yellow-30%, orange-50%, red-100%). Also 2 lines(blue and red) shows what is the way of sun at the shortest and the longest day in the year(this can be helpful when planning).

Also the weather is important(temperature and brightness).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi buuuudzik
Where did you get these pictures? That software looks great! Is the result a table with azimutn, elevation and blind position? Is it possible to download it or use it online?
I've created this software and currently it has beta version based on NodeJS. I have one installation with a lot of blinds and shutters and it is much more advanced than what here it is visibleWink

But to create such photos you must have some fisheye camera. The minimum price ~100euro. Without such camera you can only do some very general approximation.

Yes, the result is a map with your settings for blind for specified position.
This is a very nice website for calculation and it comes with an API as well https://www.suncalc.org/#/52.3103,4.7603.../17:19/1/3