This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Error log - Modbus
Hi, 

I am getting the following error in my error log:
Schneider (RTU slave 1) read failed: Operation timed out
Schneider (RTU slave 1) read failed: Response not from requested slave

Scriptname is modbus, but I have no script called modbus.
The error happens several times each hour. At different times during each our...

BR,
Mr.D
This is coming from Modbus mapper, try increasing timeout value for your devices.
Hi,

Ok, I'll give that a try.
Just so I understand, what does the time out value do?
It is no set as default 0.5 I think...?

BR
Mr.D
(25.01.2018, 08:06)Mr. Danielsen Wrote: Hi,

Ok, I'll give that a try.
Just so I understand, what does the time out value do?
It is no set as default 0.5 I think...?

BR
Mr.D

It waits that long for answer from slave. If answer not received in this time then error: Operation timed out
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

I have altered the time out value to 15, but I am still getting the same errors...

Any other suggestions?

BR,
Mr.D
(25.01.2018, 16:49)Mr. Danielsen Wrote: Hi,

I have altered the time out value to 15, but I am still getting the same errors...

Any other suggestions?

BR,
Mr.D

Check your wiring. Make sure gnd is connected.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

How many devices are connected? Can it be that you have a duplicate slave address?

How long is your cabling? Do you have EOL termination?

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

Gnd is connected... I have tried with and without, still the same errors.

I only have a iEM 3150 Schneider connected as slave 1. This is the only device connected.
EOL Termination? I have no idea because I do not know what that is.
The cable I have used is a Cat5 network cable and it is about 1 meter long.
My pull interval is 10 seconds, time out value is 5

BR,
Mr.D

Edit:
I have now tried to change slave/device settings from slave 1 to 2... and still same error...
Hi,

EOL termination means placing a resistor parallel over the "end of line", this is required by the Modbus standard to avoid reflections but when using just a 1m cable i don't think it will make a difference.

Are you sure the RS485 port is not called from another process? (like from modbus template and also from script), did you try to restart the controller to be sure there is no old script still loaded?

If that is not the case then i would suggest to test with a new cable between the meter and controller, i would use 2 x 0.8 ..

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,

I have changed the cable to a EiB Cable (4x0.8mm2), length of cable is 30-40 cm.
The wiring is as follows:
Spacelynk     iEM3150
D1               D1
D0               D0
0V               0V
gnd(RS232)     The symbol is a circle with 2 lines through

There are no scripts running that is requesting or polling information from the modbus.
I have restarted the SpaceLynk to make sure there are no other double scripts running.

Despite this, still the following errors in the log:
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Response not from requested slave
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Operation timed out
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Invalid data
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Invalid CRC
Scriptname in the log is "modbus"
These two errors do not have the same timestamp, it could be many minutes between "events"

Any idea?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Try with just D0 and D1 connected.

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

Disconnected the other wires and just used the D1 and D0.
Still errors Sad

I have reset the iEM3150, but still no change.
I have restarted the SpaceLynk several times.... no effect.

One thing that might be worth mentioning is that after I updated to SpaceLynk version 2.1.1 I am no longer able to download the profile that belongs to iEM3150 in the modbus settings. When trying to download I get 404 Not found....?
I am able to create a new device with that profile, but the Jason-file is not available...

BR,
Mr.D

EDIT: After just connecting D0 and D1 I only seem to be getting the following two errors:
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Response not from requested slave
Schneider (RTU slave 2) read failed: Operation timed out

So a slight improvement, but still not there... The majority of the errors are the "Response not from requested slave"...
Hi,

I am wondering if this started happening after upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.1.1... 
Others have had this issue before.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=670

Any thoughts?

BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

I did a small test on a iEM device and FW 2.1.1, and i get same message. I have reported it to development.

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,

Thanks! This has been driving me crazy! 
Glad to hear its a system bug, and not an amateur bug on my side Smile

BR,
Mr.D
Hi Erwin, hi Danielsen,

May I suggest you test I add two bus polarization resistors ?
https://www.schneider-electric.fr/fr/faqs/FA22821/

I have not tested this solution yet, but it has been indicated recently to me by the Schneider Electric Customer Care Center.

Note: I had the same CRC problem with a Modbus iEM3155 on HomeLYnk, but I solved 90% of this malfunction by just increasing the POL and the tiemout a little bit.

BR,
Dominique
I am still experiencing this issue... and I am pretty sure it came when I updated from version 2.0.1... So I think its more of a software issue.
BR,
Mr.D
Wondering if this was the same issue I had earlier? I returned the HVAC Modbus gateway since I didn't manage to get it work properly.

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=447
(18.04.2018, 12:01)sx3 Wrote: Wondering if this was the same issue I had earlier? I returned the HVAC Modbus gateway since I didn't manage to get it work properly.

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=447

Hi,

A bug that disable possibility to import new profile is is known in FW 2.1.1
I'm not aware of issue with modbus, but have tested it since will check with the team and Erwin what's the status of this.

I think a fixed FW is ongoing and will be available 'soon'

@sx3, I don't think you problem is the same, it was long time ago (topic is from 216) and FW 2.1.1 as been release just few weeks/month ago.
@Mr.D have you solved your failure in communications ?!

I have the same issue with VFDs.

Does the SpaceLynk has polarization resistors on the RS485 port ?!

Thank you