This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Constant Light
Hi
I'd like to implement an automation which makes constant light in the room. I know actual brightness (from sensor), requested brightness (from visu) and I've DALI lights capable set brightness or dimming. What I'm looking for is an LM LUA alternative to Wago FbMacroConstantLightControl function. http://support.wago.no/support/codesys23...ntrol.html

I don't want to invent wheel so I'm asking you if there's no already done, preset and working solution.

Thank you
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Hi,

In the touch app, you have a widget for this. 'Constant light control' which work great.

You just need to provide actual brightness and, setpoint and control loop.
it will handle the rest.

If you don't want to use it, you need to write the algorythm youself in a 'event script'
You can try adjusting PID controller code. See this document on which gain values are better suited for lighting: http://scientificbulletin.upm.ro/papers/...System.pdf
(31.01.2018, 19:34)mlaudren Wrote: Hi,

In the touch app, you have a widget for this. 'Constant light control' which work great.

You just need to provide actual brightness and, setpoint and control loop.
it will handle the rest.

If you don't want to use it, you need to write the algorythm youself in a 'event script'

Hi, sorry for stupid question but what do you mean by 'touch app'?
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Hi 

Stupid questions are the ones that are not asked..

Touch is the re-make of Mosaic for Schneider devices, if you have a LM then you don’t have it.

BR,

Erwin
Widget does not provide any control algorithm, you either need a physical device which has constant light feature or write your own algorithm.
Thank you both
(08.02.2018, 11:26)Thomas Wrote: Thank you both

Hi Thomas,
For information, it is easy to implement constant lighting using the schneider electric KNX/Dali gateway coupled with Argus present + lux sensor.

In your knx project, you will create group address for "auto control" with Dali Gateway and KNX presence sensor dedicated objects. According to the setpoint, your controller (KNX/Dali gateway) will send Dali command to luminaries to dim up or down until the lux setpoint value +/- hysterisis is reached. This solution can be applied with or without LM or HL (standard KNX button 2 gangs or push button pro or Multitouch pro can be used)

For pure KNX or any other prococol (modbus, enOcean, etc...), if you don't have the dedicated device for lighting regulation, you need to write or modified PID script, use Logic Machine or SpaceLynk or HomeLYnk as gateways and controllers to deal with constant lighting.

Best regards,
Chouaibou.