This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

upgrade FW to 2.1.1 (Wiser for KNX)
Hi,

I tried to upgrade my Wiser For KNX (HomeLYnk) from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1 with the "Wiser_for_KNX-2.1.1_hw2.xx.img" file, but I obtain an error "Impossible to upgrade, invalid firmware"

Any idea ?

Regards,
Dominique
Use HW1 instead?
What is HW1 ?
I upload teh v2.1.1 from schneider-electric.fr website, and only WiserForKnx (a new name for HomeLYNk) firmware is purposed...
Hi,

We recently released new HW with new CPU. This makes the device a lot more powerfull then it already was. You can see it on the new naming on the device “Wiser for KNX” or on the product label or on the reset button that is moved from the backside to the front next to the LED’s. If there is no reset button there you need HW1 otherwise you need HW2 firmware.

BR,

Erwin
Clear !

I have got an HW1...
So, is this impossible to upgrade to v2.1.1 ?

Note : my tchnical problem is to use BACnet MS/TP lua scripts on it.

Regards,
Dominique
There are two firmware packages for 2.1.1 on Schneider’s website. One is labelled HW1 and one is labelled HW2. From your first post I can see you downloaded the HW2 package. Go back to the website and find the HW1 firmware instead.
Hi,

2.1.1 won’t give you MSTP, but it’s a way better/stable version then 2.0.0

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

on SE website I the last FW I founded are :
- SpaceLYnk 2.1.1
- Wiser for KNX (new name of HomeLYnk) 2.1.1 - HW2 ?
- HomeLYnk 2.0.0
Did you have special URL to upload HomeLYnk FW 2.1.1 ?

Regards,
Dominique
Hi,

Try this: https://download.schneider-electric.com/..._1_X_X-w4k

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

HW1 2.1.1 installed, but now MS/TP process is KO !

export BACNET_MSTP_MAC=620002 BACNET_MSTP_BAUD=38400 BACNET_MAX_MASTER=1 BACNET_APDU_TIMEOUT=60000 BACNET_APDU_RETRIES=0;
return "nil" from "readmstp"

I have to visit a customer at this time, I will made other tests later.

By,
Dominique
Hi,

Installing new FW always removes packages that are installed separate

You need to re-install the package again.

BR,

Erwin
I am trying to upgrade my SpaceLynk from 2.1.1 to 2.4.0. HW1.
I have downloaded the correct version of the software, but after I have "upgraded" I am still seing version 2.1.1 down in the bottom left corner which indicates that the software update did not go through... Anyone have an idea?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Did you check if the SD card is switched to read-only?

Create a new object, reboot and check if the object is still there.

If it’s still there then check the memory load, if it’s not there anymore you need to replace your SD card.

BR,

Erwin
(15.01.2020, 00:01)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Did you check if the SD card is switched to read-only?

Create a new object, reboot and check if the object is still there.

If it’s still there then check the memory load, if it’s not there anymore you need to replace your SD card.

BR,

Erwin

Hi,

Do I need a SD card to upgrade?
I am not using a SD card at the moment... Not that I am aware of anyway.
That has not been needed before...

I have ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
HW: spaceLYnk (i.MX28)
so I presume I am on HW1.

System says I have 3G free space and 97 mb (80%) of free memory
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

The SD card is holding all system data including OS in HW1 and HW2, HW3 is using SPI flash combined with SPI flash, it does not matter that you don't use it for other purposes, the system is using it anyway.

Did you tested to create a new object, sync and reboot the device? We need to know if the new created object is still there to determine your SD card state.

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

Ok I did and the object is not there..... WTF???
I have created a lot of objects before, restarted but they have never disappeared before...
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Sounds like your SD card is switched to read-only. Your SD card probably needs to be replaced.

See:

For spaceLynk: https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=Application+solutions&p_File_Name=AN2_001_How_to_flash_microSD_card_spaceLYnk.zip&p_Doc_Ref=AN2_001_SL

For W4K: https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=Application+solutions&p_File_Name=AN2_001_How_to_flash_microSD_card_W4K.zip&p_Doc_Ref=AN2_001

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

Ok, why has that happened? Have I done something to make this happen, or is this just normal behavior after a given time?
Further, by not changing my SD card, what will happen?
Secondly couldn't I just flash the SD card with logic machine software enabling to use the z wave app?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Well first of all it should not happen but the reality is that SD cards are not indestructible.

We changed to SPI flash in HW3+ to reduce the risk of broken SD cards, I think the achilles heel of the controller is now removed.

You could keep using this SD card but that would mean that you cannot change or store any data to the controller anymore, i would not advice to do that, you need to replace it. I would advise to use a industrial quality to extend the lifetime massively.

There is no way to run LM firmware on SL hardware.

BR,

Erwin
(17.01.2020, 19:36)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Well first of all it should not happen but the reality is that SD cards are not indestructible.

We changed to SPI flash in HW3+ to reduce the risk of broken SD cards, I think the achilles heel of the controller is now removed.

You could keep using this SD card but that would mean that you cannot change or store any data to the controller anymore, i would not advice to do that, you need to replace it. I would advise to use a industrial quality to extend the lifetime massively.

There is no way to run LM firmware on SL hardware.

BR,

Erwin

Is there a particular SD card you recommend? Also, does the size matter in any way? I am currently only using 1 gb out of the 4 gb that comes standard.
Also, does the read/write speed matter at all?

My "defect" SD card, does this influence performance in any way? Make the SL slower etc?
BR,
Mr.D