This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM Limited working
Dear all,
I would like to know if there is the opportunity to give a date limitation of LM.
I would like to set a kind of license with an expired date. After that date, LM cannot be longer opened by thr user.
What do you think about that?
Thanks.
(13.02.2018, 21:27)Domoticatorino Wrote: Dear all,
I would like to know if there is the opportunity to give a date limitation of LM.
I would like to set a kind of license with an expired date. After that date, LM cannot be longer opened by thr user.
What do you think about that?
Thanks.
Hi, do you want yo "turn off" user visualisation or totally clear project?
You can create deamon app which will change the password if certificate is out of date. LM can ask your server about certificate.
(14.02.2018, 14:25)buuuudzik Wrote: You can create deamon app which will change the password if certificate is out of date. LM can ask your server about certificate.

How do you suggest about it? It is exactly what I want.

Thanks.
Hi,

Whatever you add with a Library or Daemon is always easy to remove and you will have a basic controller again. So why would you want to do that.

Best way is to add a library without keeping the source with critical functions that they don’t want to lose so they won’t delete it and include your protection there.

BR,

Erwin
Maybe this is a good question. Are there some vendor locks available in LM?

Below is just my idea:
Business case: I offer LM to my client with my software or services included. I don't want to allow my client doing changes in the software because I've taken responsibility about it. But on the other hand the client has to do backups, insert or delete users etc. Which means the client has to be admin of the device.

My idea of these vendor locks can be implemented by signing of the code (like MS PowerShell does). What I need is a storage for my public key and checking script signature before execution. Setting of vendor lock is signed by vendor key. Unsigned change is refused. Untrusted codes can't be executed.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
It could be great...can you share an example please? I am not so expert with Lua hence I would like to have a trace.
Thanks.