This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

knx/tp error
The same way that you cannot usually have more than 32 devices on a single RS485 bus. The more devices you have the harder it is for the transceiver to drive the line in order to transmit the data. This is usually solved by divining the line into two segments connected by a line coupler.

Having more than one KNX power supply is a standard solution for longer lines.
Thank you,

also as I see partly answer on my question on other thread about KNX limits..

Big thanks!
(27.10.2020, 12:14)admin Wrote: This can happen if the line is overloaded with too many devices, how many do you have there?

56 devices
Hello, I am also experiencing the above error, checked the knx bus status, but Logic Machine still cannot communicate with other knx devices, or if it does, it communicates unstable. what should I do

KNX/TP: Transmitter Error (send 0 receive 1)

Attached Files
.pdf   knx error.pdf (Size: 211.02 KB / Downloads: 5)
Do you have another line coupler or ip router/interface in the same TP line?
(01.10.2023, 08:53)Hoang Hien Wrote: Hello, I am also experiencing the above error, checked the knx bus status, but Logic Machine still cannot communicate with other knx devices, or if it does, it communicates unstable. what should I do

Hi,
What about the bus load? 
BR Cristian
(01.10.2023, 16:25)CristianAgata Wrote:
(01.10.2023, 08:53)Hoang Hien Wrote: Hello, I am also experiencing the above error, checked the knx bus status, but Logic Machine still cannot communicate with other knx devices, or if it does, it communicates unstable. what should I do

Hi,
What about the bus load? 
BR Cristian

I have checked the bus status, and here are the results

(10.10.2023, 06:47)Hoang Hien Wrote:
(01.10.2023, 16:25)CristianAgata Wrote:

Hi,
What about the bus load? 
BR Cristian

I have checked the bus status, and here are the results,
At first I thought the wrong flag on the ETS was causing the bus to have to continuously update its status, but after fixing it, the bus was no longer clogged due to the constant status updates. After a week this happened again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How many devices do you have connected to the KNX/TP line?
(10.10.2023, 07:01)admin Wrote: How many devices do you have connected to the KNX/TP line?

A total of 23 devices connect to the KNX/TP line, not including the LM5
This usually happen when you have suddenly a lot of telegrams on a bus. it could be a script which sends to a lot of groups at once or some global command and loads of statuses is sent. KNX statistics shows only average so such spike is not visible well there.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(10.10.2023, 09:26)Daniel Wrote: This usually happen when you have suddenly a lot of telegrams on a bus. it could be a script which sends to a lot of groups at once or some global command and loads of statuses is sent. KNX statistics shows only average so such spike is not visible well there.

Is there any other possible cause for this error? Is there anything else I should check?