This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

knx/tp error
The following messages will appear in the error Log:  1. KNX/tp Temperature Warning; 
                                                                                     2. Transmitter Error(send 0 receive 1). 

The following messages will appear in Alerts: 1. KNX/tp Connected;
                                                                         2. KNX/tp Disconnected.  

Messages appear at the bottom of the main window KNX/tp ERROR.

A full reboot of the automation Cabinet helps for a while, but the error occurs again.
Hi
What device do you use ? Which version? What FW
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi
Logic Machine 3, Firmware 20150917.
(01.03.2018, 10:14)Gabi Wrote: Hi

OK old one. Can you open it and check what is written on KNX chip? In this LM it will be Siemens and version can be 5.2 or 5.3.
Ctrl+F5
(01.03.2018, 10:33)Daniel. Wrote:
(01.03.2018, 10:14)Gabi Wrote: Hi

OK old one. Can you open it and check what is written on KNX chip? In this LM it will be Siemens and version can be 5.2 or 5.3.

as i know there was no TPUART 5.3 on LM3, only 5.2 was
Siemens KNX UART v5.2
(02.03.2018, 04:01)Gabi Wrote: Siemens KNX UART v5.2

There is known issue with this chip. Siemens fixed it in version 5.3.
In certain conditions the issue which you described is happening.
Check voltage on KNX as above 30V this was happening. The biggest issues were with combination of SE KNX PSU.
Check if you don't have some script which is creating a knx loop
Check if some device on KNX network is not spamming the bus.

If nothing help we could replace this chip on your LM. I assume your device is out of warranty already as it is old one.

BR
Ctrl+F5
You are ready to change the chip for free with expired warranty?
Have you checked all the points I asked you for?
Ctrl+F5
Yes.
1) Bus voltage KNX 23.2V (PSU Mean well dr-24-30 together with PSU for knx bus EVIKA (CHOKE-KNX)).
2) Errors "Transmitter Error(send 0 receive 1)" occur in other LM's in the serviced building.
Сan you say your answer?
(22.03.2018, 07:08)Gabi Wrote: Сan you say your answer?

Hi
Sorry I was in Frankfurt on L&B and just came back. Please contact us directly via email and we will sort it out.
BR
Ctrl+F5
Hi
What mail do you want to contact?
BR
please contact me to edgars@openrb.com and we will resolve this issue.
(27.03.2018, 06:33)edgars Wrote: please contact me to edgars@openrb.com and we will resolve this issue.

Dear Edgar,

I have checked all that you refer above. All ok except that the chip is version 5.2
I am trying to send you a photo, but the max for files is 500KB.

Do you want to send you by e-mail? 

Thanks in advance
Hi!,

I have the same problem with an new Logic Machine and newest firmware.

KNX/TP: Transmitter Error (send 0 receive 1)

Any Idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is your bus very busy?
Ctrl+F5
No, it's a house.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This can happen if the line is overloaded with too many devices, how many do you have there?
Hi,

also seen the same at customer SL, now with 1.5.1 fw, not to old - ap 2 years... But not take attention to it - all functions are working fine..

But what does mean ''too many devices''??

I had other problem - very long KNX lines.. Not possible to divide it... I just added second KNX Power Supply to one line end, and first one reinstalled to other line end and finally all works. Not a very good solution but possible and solved problem..