This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Help with a first knx to modbus
Hi everyone,
i have a project coming up where i have to control a Danfoss novoCom 6 valve trough the modbus interface on a spacelynk, after  reading several documents en guides i managed to write the json profile wich i uploaded to the spacelynk (the profile ,if working , i am happy to post it on the forum).

Now the next qeustion i have, if i go throug the manual provided by Schneider i have to make scripts to control the valve or have i misunderstood it, or do i have to link the grp.adres with the percentual value from thermostat to the profile ?

If someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it

with regards steven
Hi
If you add "writable": 1 then any value written to the mapped address will be sent to modbus.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
hi Daniel,
first i want to thank you for the reply but it was really busy the last two weeks with the project.

i managed to write a profile and it works for a part , switching between cooling and heating works but when i want to send a % value to the valve
i get no response from the valve (feedback trough a register or visual by LED's on the valve), first i got errors but then i changed type from "register" to "input register" and the errors are gone but like i said no respons on the valve .

if someone can look into it , i attach the profile and the a piece of the datasheet of the valve into the reply.

i really hope someone can give me a hand with it

greatings steven

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.json   Danfoss_NovoCon_S_CO6_v12.json (Size: 3.04 KB / Downloads: 17)
Hi
Input register can be only read.  To read and write you have to use holding register.
Try RTU Read test to find correct settings.
BR
Ctrl+F5
so if i understand well when i set "writeable : true" the type is "register" and if it is "false"   then it is "input_register" ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modbus
Ctrl+F5
so if i use following for writing to register 33280 , witch have functioncode 3,4 & 16 (datasheet)

Code:
{ "name": "Flow Rate Setpoint", "bus_datatype": "05", "type": "register", "address":33280, "writable": true , "value_delta": "0", "datatype": "float16" },
and for only reading the actual setpoint in register 33282 , witch have functioncode 3,4

Code:
{ "name": "Actual Flow Rate", "bus_datatype": "05", "type": "inputregister", "address":33282, "writable": 0, "value_delta": "0" , "datatype": "float16" },

ps: when i read "register" i must actually read "holding register".

sorry for asking these qeustions, but it is all new for me and having someone to explane it  makes it a bit easier
You can use register for reead and write.
Use RTU read test to find correct settings. Most likely modbus dpt is nof float only int16
Ctrl+F5