This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trend Absolute value
Hi,

Somebody can explain me the function used for the Absolute Value Trend ?
I does not understand Huh Huh

BR
Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc
Absolute value is for temperature, humidity etc. Counter is for things like electricity meters.
Hi,
Thanks Daniel, that I had understood, what I do not understand it is formula that you use to calculate the Absolute trend value .

Good day,

Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc
Hi,

There is no formula when using absolute value, it’s just value snapshots on resolution interval.

BR,

Erwin
There's some averaging applied. Trend value is stored every minute, then an average is calculated from this data array based on selected data resolution.
Hi,

@Daniel,
OK, I have just made a test by send values on 5 minutes trend , now I understood, thank you.

@Erwin,
I believed it too, but as explains Daniel, there is well a average calculation.

BR
Jean-Marc.
Jean-Marc
PS.

Code:
Admin ~= Daniel
Wink
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(07.03.2018, 14:23)Daniel. Wrote: PS.

Code:
Admin ~= Daniel
Wink

Sorry I mixed up. Dodgy
Jean-Marc
Hi,

It is possible to make a trend with real absolute value, without averaging applied ? Dodgy 

BR
JM.
Jean-Marc
Not yet, though the storage engine supports min, max and last options. We'll look into adding this option to the next version.
Thanks Admin,

Very good news for the next one version !!
Jean-Marc
Hi,
For next version it would be possible to have a counter with 1 minute resolution ?
Very useful for energy meter.

BR
JMM
Jean-Marc