This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Dali groups
Is it possible to group dali lights, so its possible to turn a group of dali lights on/off?

I have a system with +- 36 dali devices and i want to turn them all or by floor on/off, but that generates a lot of knx bus trafic.
Grouping reduced that.
Possible via a script but keep in mind that you will lose status values for each ballast if using DALI groups. Are you using grp.write or grp.update to change several ballast values at once?

Adding short addresses 1, 2, 3, 4 to group 7:
Code:
require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 1, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 2, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 3, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 4, value = 7 })

Setting group to a certain value:
Code:
require('user.dali')
value = event.getvalue()
value = math.floor(value * 2.54)
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'group', address = 7, value = value })
(12.11.2015, 07:38)admin Wrote: Possible via a script but keep in mind that you will lose status values for each ballast if using DALI groups. Are you using grp.write or grp.update to change several ballast values at once?

Adding short addresses 1, 2, 3, 4 to group 7:
Code:
require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 1, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 2, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 3, value = 7 })
dalicmd('internal', 'addtogroup', { addrtype = 'short', address = 4, value = 7 })

Setting group to a certain value:
Code:
require('user.dali')
value = event.getvalue()
value = math.floor(value * 2.54)
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'group', address = 7, value = value })

Is there any difference if I use grp.write
Also, I should run the first script only one time?
another thing what is the command to get the status for a group?

regards,
Best Regards,
The different between write and update is that write will send a telegram to KNX/TP (if connected). Since TP bus is slow it's recommended not to send data that is not needed. There's no difference between write and update for virtual objects.

Setting of groups should be done once, ballast will store this data internally. You cannot get group status, only single ballast status.
(08.07.2021, 11:34)admin Wrote: The different between write and update is that write will send a telegram to KNX/TP (if connected). Since TP bus is slow it's recommended not to send data that is not needed. There's no difference between write and update for virtual objects.

Setting of groups should be done once, ballast will store this data internally. You cannot get group status, only single ballast status.

thank you admin 
clear
but could you clarify this: "but keep in mind that you will lose status values for each ballast if using DALI groups"
Best Regards,
DALI does not have "group status". You can get the current value from each ballast but it might be different from the group value if it has been changed separately via short address write. If only group control is used then any ballast from the group can be selected for status queries.
Hello 
How to control Group on/off, is there a direct way or should I convert it to 0 when false and 100(254) when true?
and 
How Could  I change the group color?
Best Regards,
There's no difference in control via short addresses and groups, use the same commands as for short address. You need to convert binary on/off to arc value. For color control see this: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=1698