This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

No access to Homelynk after factory reset
Hello,

i need help on a Homelynk (HW v1.3) to get access to the configurator.
Default user and password do not work.

I asked Schneider support if a firmware downgrade is possible and was told, that it is possible.

So i made a firmware downgrade from 2.1.0 to 1.5.1 on my office test device, to change an old projekt for a
Homelynk with firmware 1.5.1 at the customer site. 
After that, i can see the old green Schneider start screen but can not get access to the configurator with my
own old admin user and password and even not with the factory default user and password (admin/admin).
All my login trials are denied and the login window comes again and again.  
I even tried the "large" factory reset with the button on the back of the device by pushing it twice for 10 seconds.

Is is possible that there was restored an other default user and password?
Does anyone have an idea for help?
(Schneider support cant help me, they have no further idea) 

Thanks and kind regards!
Hi
Firmware downgrade is not supported. SE shouldn't be telling you this. We added a lot of security improvements which will block old device if used on it.
What you can do is flash the card again. Fallow those instruction and select firmware you want. This should work just fine.
http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hello Daniel,

many thanks for your explanation and help, flashing the SD-card again manually worked excellent. Smile

I used the "recovery image for regular CPU" from your linked website.
I hope this was correct for my Homelynk (HV 1.3)?
What is the version "x3 CPU" for?

I have several Homelynks working at customer sites with different firmware releases.
Is it possible to use serveral SD-cards with different firmware releases for my office device and to change the SD-card
to the right on with the right firmware, each time i need to prepare and change an old project for a customer?
So it would be possible to work with the customer project on my office device with the same firmware as it is at the customers device.

Or is it possible to change a customer project from a device with firmware 1.5.1 on my office device with firmware 2.1.1
and then to go back with the changed project file to the customers device (which has firmware 1.5.1) again?
I dont think this will work, will it?

Thanks and kind regards!
Hi
For the HW2.0 use this one https://dl.openrb.com/recovery-imx6.img.gz
We only make sure that old backup will work on new firmware. Backup from new firmware may not work on old device. It is impossible to check it backward.  Many security features will just brake old devices. 
We always recommend to update old firmware. Otherwise it is like you plan to to to keep several SD cards with different FW.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

OK, i now understand how it works an what to do in my case.
I will work with different firmwares on different SD-cards,
this is the best solution for me. 

Many thanks and kind regards!