This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

[Profile] Modbus Read Multiple Coils
HiĀ  Cool !

I have to read aprox. 80 coil registers from each of several equips but I want to read the registers with just 1 request like I do with INT values.

I have tried with the following example (test with 4 variables) but it doesn't work !
(For reading holding registers this way works fine)

Any ideas?

Code:
{"name":"Test1","bus_datatype":"1","type":"coil","datatype":"bool","address":0,"writable":0,"read_count":4,"read_offset":0,"read_swap":"n" },
{"name":"Test2","bus_datatype":"1","type":"coil","datatype":"bool","address":0,"writable":0,"read_count":4,"read_offset":1,"read_swap":"n" },
{"name":"Test3","bus_datatype":"1","type":"coil","datatype":"bool","address":0,"writable":0,"read_count":4,"read_offset":2,"read_swap":"n" },
{"name":"Test4","bus_datatype":"1","type":"coil","datatype":"bool","address":0,"writable":0,"read_count":4,"read_offset":3,"read_swap":"n" }

(...)
Please change address and try again. And what is the current result? What you have in Logs, Errors, Alerts?

And here you have some post about limits:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=1278
Done is better than perfect
Multiple read for coils is not supported yet, we'll look into adding it to next firmware.
(15.05.2018, 20:21)buuuudzik Wrote: Please change address and try again. And what is the current result? What you have in Logs, Errors, Alerts?

And here you have some post about limits:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=1278

Which address ?

What happens with the 4 variables I have posted is that they have the same value (from the modbus address 0).

(16.05.2018, 06:15)admin Wrote: Multiple read for coils is not supported yet, we'll look into adding it to next firmware.

Okay, thank you.

It will be a very very important feature to have.
(16.05.2018, 06:15)admin Wrote: Multiple read for coils is not supported yet, we'll look into adding it to next firmware.

Hi,

Is there any news about this feature ?

I'm testing a SL with FW 2.4.0 and is still not supported :\

Thank you
There is already much newer FW for SL, try using 2.5.1
This was never implemented, we are doing it right now.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5