This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Importing knx project file after modifications
Hello

Just wondering about importing the knx file to Logic Machine 5. 
I have imported the file and made my visualization.
But the when i modify the text of group adresses and try to import the file again, the modified group adresses gets discarded. So my old text is still in logic machine. It works but i wont to update my text for new group adresses. 

What is the right way to do this. ?

Thanks for any answer in advance.
Hi,

That is correct, objects already existing in the controller are skipped, so you must rename it manual (double click on the object line) or delete it and re-import the object from ESF.

BR,

Erwin
(15.05.2018, 20:48)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

That is correct, objects already existing in the controller are skipped, so you must rename it manual (double click on the object line) or delete it and re-import the object from ESF.

BR,

Erwin

Thanks. I renamed a few yesterday, if i use the delete action will there happen anything with the visulalization, or will it reconnect with the adress once i reimport the same adress. Of cource with new text. ?
Yes it will re-link. It is mapped to the address not to the name.
When graphical element has no object linked to it will have red mark around it.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi

If i delete all objects in logic machine, and reimport the new ETS file with all the name changes i have done. Is there anything at all that will have to be reconfigured og linked, or will absolutely everything start working again like before the deletion?

BR
Kai-Roger

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
BR
Kai-Roger
Hi
It depend. Each group has its parameters and if you delete group the parameters are also deleted. When you import new objects then they may not have correct DPT like 1byte unsigned instead of scale. All depend of what changes you did to the objects after importing original.
In Short all object parameters will have to be re-done so it is better to delete only the ones which were changed.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(03.08.2018, 09:20)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
It depend. Each group has its parameters and if you delete group the parameters are also deleted. When you import new objects then they may not have correct DPT like 1byte unsigned instead of scale. All depend of what changes you did to the objects after importing original.
In Short all object parameters will have to be re-done so it is better to delete only the ones which were changed.
BR
Tanks for the reply.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
BR
Kai-Roger
Please, make a flag on the import function for it !!
KNX Advanced Partner + Tutor