This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Homebridge - Virtual address
Hi,

I have finally set up a Homebridge running on a Raspberry Pi. Works like a charm!
However, there is one thing bugging me. I have a few "virtual" knx addresses set up in SpaceLynk.
Once homebridge is up and running it is able to use the virtual knx addresses, change them and receive the correct status etc.
But when starting up/rebooting homebridge it does not read the status of the virtual addresses since they are not on the KNX Bus, but stored locally on the Spacelynk. Anyone know how I can get the homebridge to read the local KNX address from SpaceLynk?

When starting the homebridge I use the following command in the config sys fil for those knx addresses I would like to get status from:
"KNXReadRequests": ["1/1/1"]
However, it does not read the "virtual" addresses....

Anyone?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Objects in the controller are not responding on a read request, you need to add a small script to make them do that.

See this topic: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...=read+flag

Keep in mind that it only works for main adresses 0-31, 32 to 63 (virtual scope) are not used by the KNX engine and cannot send anything to TP bus/KNX IP.

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,

Thanks again for your help!!
Got it to work, but as I understand the description I can TAG the objects. This way I do not need to have an event script for every object I want the Homebridge to read. The only thing is, what is the TAG name I need to use?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Any TAG will do as long as it is unique in your controller, just add it to your objects and the script.

BR,

Erwin
(09.06.2018, 19:57)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Any TAG will do as long as it is unique in your controller, just add it to your objects and the script.

BR,

Erwin

Ahh me bad.
I forgot you could create a script using a TAG instead of an object!
NOOB hahaha

Thanks Erwin! I really appreciate all the help you have given me!!
BR,
Mr.D
A slightly related question.
I am experiencing some unwanted behavior with my homebridge. It seems to "skip/miss" updates/changes in some of knx objects... the wired thing is that it is random knx addresses, so some times it could be a brightness status that does not update and other times its a temperature etc. So one solution is to start polling statuses via the SpaceLynk, this way if the homebridge misses an update, the frequent polling will make sure to rectify the error.... I am running a KNXD service on my Raspberry Pi that might be the cause but I am too much of a noob to even know where to start looking hahahaha
Just out of curiosity, can the SpaceLynk work as a "KNXD" related to Homebridge? I would believe it would be more stable Smile

But my question is, is there a way to create a resident script, and tag objects, and poll statuses from the objects tagged?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

This is a bandage, i would look why the problem occurs in the first place, have you checked the TP load on the moments the issue occurs?

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

I don't know what the TP load is when it happens, but I am certain its fairly low... Some of the changes in statuses that is not registered happens during night time, and it is a time scheduled event. And at this time there is noting going on in the system.... usually at daytime the TP load is about 7%.. so its never too much going on.
I believe it is the KNX deamon running on my raspberry pi that is the issue.... It is using multicast to pick up and alter the objects... When looking at the spacelynk touch "app" the status has the right status... So the Spacelynk is ALWAYS correct Smile That's why I believe using the spacelynk as KNX deamon for the homebridge would be the best way to go... but I don't know if thats even possible...
in my homebridge knx_config file I am referring to this:
"knxd_ip": "10.0.1.29",
"knxd_port": 6720,
"AllowWebserver": true,
"WebserverPort": 18082,

I doubt its as simple as changing the IP to my Spacelynks IP Smile
BR,
Mr.D
Hi Erwin,

I have been trying to identify the root cause of my problem, but so far no luck.
It seems like the KNXD that is running are sending the new statuses, therefore it seems unlike that the error is there. Have monitored the bus and compared it to the KNXD, and they are showing the same objects and statuses.
So I believe the error is caused in the homebridge, or the homebridge-knx plugin... So far I have no idea what is cause the homebridge not to update the new status.

However, I have tried polling the status, so it is received again, and then the homebridge makes the update.
Until I have can fix the root cause, a workaround could be to make some sort of script that polls the status, for example 10 seconds after a new status has been received/updated. 
Do you have a suggestion to how I can create a script that monitors change in status in tagged objects, and if a change is detected it polls that specific objects status 10 seconds later? By doing it this way the TP Load will not be highly effected since it only polls the one object that had a change in status :Smile
Also, is there a way to have event scripts not to react on "events" that is caused by this "polling script"?
BR,
Mr.D