This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus Double datapoint type
Hello,

I'm trying to connect via Modbus RTU with Siemens Sentron 3100 and the energy value is defined as a Double, how can I define it into LM json archive, thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, double support can be added to modbus plugin. I can provide packages if you are willing to test this. Which firmware and hardware versions are you using?
(31.07.2018, 06:58)admin Wrote: Hi, double support can be added to modbus plugin. I can provide packages if you are willing to test this. Which firmware and hardware versions are you using?

Hi, 

I have a LM5Lp and the last firmware version (20170927). Thx
Install through System Config > Packages and reboot:

https://dl.openrb.com/pkg/genohm-scada-m...1_imx6.ipk
https://dl.openrb.com/pkg/luamodbus_20180731_imx6.ipk

In profile you can either use float64 or double. Mapped object should have float32 data type.
OK thank you very much

I have another doubt, I have modbus variables that are int32 variables of temperature or power values multiplied by 10, I have tried to use the option to adjust these values in the Modbus definition using 0.1 but I do not know what type of data I have to use in KNX to represent a 32-bit float value. The only option that I have found was to create a new variable and make an intermediate script that divides me by 10 the value read from Modbus. Thank you very much. a greeting
Set bus_datatype to either float32 or float16 and set value_multiplier to 0.1
Hello,

This is old post but I need to help about same issue. I can use double point in profile like below for double points and I selected 8 byte in objects to link this point but the value is getting too big.

"datatype": "double", "bus_datatype": "double", "type": "register",

If I select 4-byte floating point, it looks "-"

The logic machine version is : HW: LM5 Lite (i.MX6) , SW: 20191015

What is the correct point for double?

Thanks.
Use float for bus data type, double is not supported as an object data type but modbus can read double values
Thanks admin.