This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

moving widgets
Hi,

It would be nice when we could move widgets from one room to another.  That would save a lot of time.

Thanks,

Roger
Hi
Custom widgets can be saved as json file and restored in the another room. I see no reason to move normal widgets.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
sure the layout of the widget can be saved. you still have to re-assign the group addresses. the point being you save time.

moving, copying is a normal time saving feature available in 99.9% of all apps. there is no reason not to.
(14.08.2018, 09:24)rocfusion Wrote: sure the layout of the widget can be saved. you still have to re-assign the group addresses. the point being you save time.

moving, copying is a normal time saving feature available in 99.9% of all apps. there is no reason not to.
Yes i miss this to.

Kai-Roger

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
BR
Kai-Roger
I would like this too, too often I am spending time creating widgets and room/floor arrangements to then get to the conclusion that the customer likes it different

Result delete and restart...

Time is money
It takes about 15 minutes to set up a whole house with Touch visu. I really don’t see the problem...
creating a visu in 15 minutes has no bearing on this. Create a custom widget connected to +10 objects, now populate that across 20 rooms.
(30.08.2018, 06:53)rocfusion Wrote: creating a visu in 15 minutes has no bearing on this.  Create a custom widget connected to +10 objects, now populate that across 20 rooms.

Yeah, I noticed you downvoted my response ;-) To be fair, we've had no need to build custom widgets of any sort, we've just used the standard ones. Every GA is searchable in every GA input field in the widgets, so its just a matter of naming conventions in my opinion. We really don't need visu in our automation setup, but we do provide manual control for every bit of light, heat, statuses, scenes, etc. in Touch visu (mosaic). I really wasn't kidding when I said 15 minutes. Sometimes it takes 20, sometimes 10. Mosaic widgets are brilliant!