This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX GPS receiver with W4K
Hello
Is it possible to send from KNX GPS receiver to W4K the actual time, date and GPS coordinates ? I dont have internet connection to W4K.
Hi,

Try this:
Code:
date = grp.getvalue('date_object')
time = grp.getvalue('time_object')

cmd = string.format("date -s '%d-%d-%d %d:%d:%d'", date.year, date.month, date.day, time.hour, time.minute, time.second)
os.execute(cmd)
BR,

Erwin
(18.08.2018, 20:37)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Try this:
Code:
date = grp.getvalue('date_object')
time = grp.getvalue('time_object')

cmd = string.format("date -s '%d-%d-%d %d:%d:%d'", date.year, date.month, date.day, time.hour, time.minute, time.second)
os.execute(cmd)
BR,

Erwin
Thanks

Is it only for time and date? What will happen if I use astro time switch function without internet connection?

Skickat från min S41 via Tapatalk
Hi,

There is no need for internet when using astro functions, just set the correct timezone in the time settings and alternative set the lon-lat in the time settings to have a slightly better precision on the location.

BR,

Erwin
(19.08.2018, 07:02)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

There is no need for internet when using astro functions, just set the correct timezone in the time settings and alternative set the lon-lat in the time settings to have a slightly better precision on the location.

BR,

Erwin
I have one more question:
Is it possible to have the same visualisation on the knx panel or other panel as on w4k without internet connection?

Hi
As long it is on the same local network then yes.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(20.08.2018, 07:30)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
As long it is on the same local network then yes.
BR
Its mean I need panel with rj45 connection. Does anybody have some idea?

Hi,

You can use a 100% KNX based panel, but then the project configuration is done by the panel itself and KNX (TP) will control and update the status of your buttons.

If you want to use the embedded web based visu from the controller then yes you will off course need to connect it over IP.

BR,

Erwin
(20.08.2018, 09:37)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

You can use a 100% KNX based panel, but then the project configuration is done by the panel itself and KNX (TP) will control and update the status of your buttons.

If you want to use the embedded web based visu from the controller then yes you will off course need to connect it over IP.

BR,

Erwin
Exactly, I want want to use the embedded web based visu from the controller. But it's difficult to find panel with rj45 connection.
I want control all astro/time switches from panel. The normal knx panel have own time switch function and w4k have own. How to sync between devices?

Hi,

There are plenty panels with IP connection, any PC panel can be used as long as it supports a HTML5 browser.. You can also use panels with WiFi connection like iPad or Android Tablets in combination with a WiFi access point.

I don't think you can sync the KNX schedulers from a KNX panel to the controller and vice versa.. 

Depending on the panel there might be options but mostly it's closed in the panel system.

BR,

Erwin
(20.08.2018, 12:19)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

There are plenty panels with IP connection, any PC panel can be used as long as it supports a HTML5 browser.. You can also use panels with WiFi connection like iPad or Android Tablets in combination with a WiFi access point.

I don't think you can sync the KNX schedulers from a KNX panel to the controller and vice versa.. 

Depending on the panel there might be options but mostly it's closed in the panel system.

BR,

Erwin
Thanks a lot for all answers. I forgot to say that even WiFi its not allowed

Hi again
Is it possible to send the right time and date to Knx bus from wiser?

(16.10.2018, 08:16)Ruslan25 Wrote: Hi again
Is it possible to send the right time and date to Knx bus from wiser?

Copy paste from w4k manuals

Code:
-- get current data as table
now = os.date('*t')
-- system week day starts from sunday, convert it to knx format
wday = now.wday == 1 and 7 or now.wday - 1
-- time table
time = {
day = wday,
hour = now.hour,
minute = now.min,