This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with Routing function and programming devices
Hello,

I tried to start using LM as a router in KNX but I've found problems.

I've connected 2 LMs as a routers: LM Reactor V3 and LM5. Firstly I've tried to use devices with not upgraded version and after current.

2 routers with addresses 1.2.0 (192.168.2.25) and 1.3.0 (192.168.2.23) connected in TP Link Router (192.168.2.1).
In 1.2 line there is only device: 1 input module from Siemens.
In 1.3 line there is also only 1 device: 4in/out analog module from MDT.

I want program firstly addresses but I see no device in programming mode. When I change connection type to TP-UART I see device in programming mode. How should I connect LM or configure it to work as a router?

The same situation is with sending group addresses. When I send value in LM Object tab to device which is connected to the LM and is routed by this LM telegram is not reaching the device but when I change LM mode to TP-UART all works fine and the device sends feedback and output is set to specific value.
Done is better than perfect
Routing on LM can only be used for group communication (this is done for security reasons). If your LM is connected to KNX TP you must set connection mode to TP-UART. Keep IP features enabled and routing will work as well. For TP device programming you need to connect to each LM via tunneling.
(31.08.2018, 08:36)admin Wrote: Routing on LM can only be used for group communication (this is done for security reasons). If your LM is connected to KNX TP you must set connection mode to TP-UART. Keep IP features enabled and routing will work as well. For TP device programming you need to connect to each LM via tunneling.

So I must change connection mode on LM to do this? On TP-UART mode does filtering works?

But IP Routing not working also for group commnication! When I replace LM via MDT router with same configuration all is good but on LM with IP Routing configuration communication is only on IP side but not on TP. On TP-UART it is. So I think there is some very important bug in IP Router.
Juts use TP-UART mode, you could also make HW factory reset and it would work out of the box Smile
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
If you set connection mode to IP routing then KNX/TP will not work. This is only useful for installations without TP or when a central LM is used.
Could you describe what all functions means with some diagrams and some examples how use LM as a device also for programming. Because I see that this is sometimes different to other normal KNX router, because normally IP Routing or KNXnet/IP what was recent name of this function normally works that telegrams are filtered between IP<->TP and you told that in such connection TP is switched off so this is a big difference. I think it should have also switch in settings programming on/off because this is a big lack and uncomfortable and for secure reasons I can also do some passwiord in ETS for devices or use KNX Secure or encrypted communication between LMs.
If you have a physical TP connection, set mode to TP-UART. IP features must be enabled for routing and tunneling to work. If you set connection mode to routing or tunneling then LM will just ignore TP completely.

Our security implementation differs from standard KNX (because it's too complex and bloated as most things in KNX world). Tunneling will be disabled if only secure connections are allowed.

If you need to program devices, set mode to TP-UART, keep IP features enabled and connect to each LM directly via tunneling. There's no other way to do this.
So now only from curiousity can I connect LM to other KNX IP Router which use KNX Secure?
No, right now secure connections can be created only between LMs.
(31.08.2018, 08:36)admin Wrote: Routing on LM can only be used for group communication (this is done for security reasons). If your LM is connected to KNX TP you must set connection mode to TP-UART. Keep IP features enabled and routing will work as well. For TP device programming you need to connect to each LM via tunneling.

Hi admin, is routing still only used for group communication?
I need to programming through LM in routing mode because I have no TP, it is possible now?
No change here
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5