This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Port Forwarding
Hi

I got an LM5 recently, I've setup some trendlogs which are logging my solar production and power usage of the house.
What I want to do is open a port so I can see the trending outside my own network.

What i have done is that i have opend port 8000, set the HTTP port on the Logicmachine to port 8000. (Cant be 80 because the Ubiquiti web brower uses the port)
I have tested it from inside the network with WAN ip and port and that works like a dream, but when i try from the outside it gets connection timeout.

I use an Ubiquiti USG Router and I contacted them, we tested if there is incoming traffic on the WAN and LAN port and there is, but it wont connect for some reason.
Now they are asking me if it something wrong with the component im trying to connect to.

My question is, is there anything in the logicmachine blocking the traffic from outside?
Should there be any difference when I use the same WAN Ip and port outside or inside the network?

Best Regards
Marcus Hansen
Check that LM has correct gateway set, or use VPN which is a much more secure way of remote access.
(06.09.2018, 08:09)admin Wrote: Check that LM has correct gateway set, or use VPN which is a much more secure way of remote access.

I'll check the gateway . Big Grin

Im going to use VPN, if the remote access works like I want it to