This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Multiple images visualization
I'm facing a challenge that I'd like to get some ideas for how to solve:

My challenge:
I have a widget with one image object showing a weather forecast image (remote URL image). This is working, however I want the widget to contain 4+ different images. Basically be able to quickly switch between 4 predefined weather forecast locations. -I'm considering having 4+ "buttons" below the image as "tabs" to select which image to show.
The 4 images have 4 different URL's, and are currently loading directly from source. -Might be an idea to periodically download these images to LM5, but I assume that also adds complexity.

How would this be best solved?
-Use javascript to replace href in the image object, and reload? 
-Use multiple widgets that reference each other? (button click opens new widget, current closes)
-Use a button object instead of image object? Download images locally, tie them to 4 states (integer)? -How about button image refresh?
-Other ways?

-I know the best way would be to have a tab-control for visualization, but since that's currently not available I need some workaround.. 

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.
You can prepare 2 buttons < and > and create 4 windows via Custom JS which you will hide and unhide when user will using buttons. This windows you must draw on specific plan.
Done is better than perfect
Hi,

I use custom JS for this, give the image a custom class 'weather' and use this js script where 40/1/15 = object with URL
Code:
$(function(){
 if (typeof grp != 'undefined') {
   grp.listen('40/1/15', function(object, state) {
     $('.weather').find('img').attr('src', object.value)
   }, true);
 }
});
BR,

Erwin