This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus data mapping in KNX
Good, I have a modbus register of an automatic switch masterpact nw of schneider electric, which is of type int64, but when doing variables mapping the JSON file, the logic machine if it supports this type of data, but in KNX this type of data or number of numbers if they are supported? For the mapping the register in modbus will be int64 but for KNX it will be int32? In that case what would happen if the data passed the maximum possible value for int32?
int64 objects are supported by LM, you just have to set bus_datatype to "int64" in your profile. Any value larger than the maximum for int32 will be set to 2147483647.
Thanks Admin for answering, in Logic Machine that type of data would be 8 bytes signed integer? In KNX, does anyone know which DPT would be that data? Is that with the Logic Machine I take that value by Modbus and then write it on the KNX bus so it can be read by a screen. Thank you and I will be attentive to your comments.
Yes, LM supports 8-byte signed int (int64). KNX major data type number for that is 29. Can your panel display a 14-byte string value?