This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ets more than one device is in programming mode
I have problems when programming a device address in ETS5 with my homelynk (2.3.0). Application programming works great.

I received: more than one device is in programming mode, but thats not true.

When i disconnect my HL from the knx bus and when i add a usb programming device it works.

When i do a device programming check in ets it gives: 15.15.255(*2)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick and dirty topology is added as attachement.

I have one head line 1.0
3 sublines after a jung line coupler 1.1, 1.11, 1.13
Line 1.1 has a lot of devices, so also a jung repeater is added.

Also my HL ip and knx settings are added as attachement.

How to solve this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try homelynk on 1.0, then unplug all line. And test every time you plug each line !
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi,

Couplers always need address 0 and repeaters are typically given there correct topological address 64, 128 and 192 so the addresses like 1.1.11, 1.1.13 and 1.1.100 are invalid..

Your line couplers need to be 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0 and your repeaters 1.1.64, 1.2.64, 1.3.64

BR,

Erwin
(24.09.2018, 16:46)domotiqa Wrote: try homelynk on 1.0, then unplug all line. And test every time you plug each line !

Already tested, but no solution.

When the HL is connected i receive this message.

(24.09.2018, 17:36)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Couplers always need address 0 and repeaters are typically given there correct topological address 64, 128 and 192 so the addresses like 1.1.11, 1.1.13 and 1.1.100 are invalid..

Your line couplers need to be 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0 and your repeaters 1.1.64, 1.2.64, 1.3.64

BR,

Erwin

You're right, this is already the case, except the repeater.
Couplers have the follow addresses:
line 1.1, address 1.1.0
line 1.11, address 1.11.0
line 1.13, address 1.13.0
Repeater on 1.1.64 or 1.1.128 doesn't matter. I disconnected the whole line and the problem existst.

And with another ip or usb programming device it works great.
(25.09.2018, 06:09)gjniewenhuijse Wrote:
(24.09.2018, 16:46)domotiqa Wrote: try homelynk on 1.0, then unplug all line. And test every time you plug each line !

Already tested, but no solution.

When the HL is connected i receive this message.

(24.09.2018, 17:36)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

BR,

Erwin

You're right, this is already the case, except the repeater.
Couplers have the follow addresses:
line 1.1, address 1.1.0
line 1.11, address 1.11.0
line 1.13, address 1.13.0
Repeater on 1.1.64 or 1.1.128 doesn't matter. I disconnected the whole line and the problem existst.

And with another ip or usb programming device it works great.

I've learned on KNX advanced course that with some repeaters it could be important to address properly all devices so devices before first repeater(1.1.64) should have addresses from 1.1.1-63, and after it should have addresses from 1.1.65-127 etc.
Done is better than perfect
I thinks al devices are TP-256 devices, so you can have more then 64 devices in a segment.
Yes, but they're order when you have specific repeater which is not so flexible can not work properly(such strange things when programming) when you have address 1.1.70 before repeater with address 1.1.64.
Done is better than perfect
(25.09.2018, 08:41)buuuudzik Wrote: Yes, but they're order when you have specific repeater which is not so flexible can not work properly(such strange things when programming) when you have address 1.1.70 before repeater with address 1.1.64.

I think its more HL related, because:
- programming with another device (ip or usb) doesn't work if the HL is connected to the bus
- removing the HL from the bus and program an address with another device (ip or usb) works great.
Do you have another IP router connected to the bus at the same time? If yes then disconnect it as you can have only one.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(25.09.2018, 09:29)Daniel. Wrote: Do you have another IP router connected to the bus at the same time?  If yes then disconnect it as you can have only one.

Problem found!

Another device in the knx bus (pi with homebridge and knxd).

If i shutdown this device it works, but why?
This device with other ip/usb programming device works great.

I know knxd and eibd are about the same.
IP/USB interface looks only on TP where LM looks on TP and IP at the same time. As this device was on IP you have your answer.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Gert Jan,

When you have 2 devices in the same line that has a TP and also a IP connection you create a loop, any telegram on the TP is repeated on the IP side and then the other device puts it from IP to the TP again (infinity loop). Basically you create a double line/backbone. Only solution to this is disable KNX IP in one of the 2 devices.

BR,

Erwin
you should use on the RPI the knx/ip interface of the LM
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
(25.09.2018, 17:47)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi Gert Jan,

When you have 2 devices in the same line that has a TP and also a IP connection you create a loop, any telegram on the TP is repeated on the IP side and then the other device puts it from IP to the TP again (infinity loop). Basically you create a double line/backbone. Only solution to this is disable KNX IP in one of the 2 devices.

BR,

Erwin

Only the HL has a TP connection.

The other device has a non multicast connection to the HL. When i change this to a multicast connection it works. Very strange.