This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ESF Import: Feature to Import (Update) only object name
Hello All,

Is there any way to import the ESF file to the LM but only update the names? Because the objects exists into the LM if I try to import the new file, with some GAs names changed, the objects will be discarded. I have already imported the ESF and proceeded with the visualization so I want to avoid retagging them, redefining the datatypes and visu parameters.

Regards,
Enabled FTP server on LM, then upload data.esf to root directory (use ftp account). Then run this script once. ESF file will be deleted once this script runs.
Code:
data = io.readfile('/home/ftp/data.esf')

if data then
  lines = data:split('\n')

for _, line in ipairs(lines) do
    props = line:split('\t')

if #props >= 5 then
      addr = props[1]:match('[0-9]+/[0-9]+/[0-9]+$')

if addr then
        name = props[2]:trim()
        id = buslib.encodega(addr)
        db:update('objects', { name = name }, { id = id })
      end
    end
  end

os.remove('/home/ftp/data.esf')
end
(03.10.2018, 10:19)admin Wrote: Enabled FTP server on LM, then upload data.esf to root directory (use ftp account). Then run this script once. ESF file will be deleted once this script runs.
Code:
data = io.readfile('/home/ftp/data.esf')

if data then
 lines = data:split('\n')

for _, line in ipairs(lines) do
   props = line:split('\t')

if #props >= 5 then
     addr = props[1]:match('[0-9]+/[0-9]+/[0-9]+$')

if addr then
       name = props[2]:trim()
       id = buslib.encodega(addr)
       db:update('objects', { name = name }, { id = id })
     end
   end
 end

os.remove('/home/ftp/data.esf')
end

GREAT!!! Worked like a charm Smile 

Always giving solutions to us. Thank you again and again and again Admin...