This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

What is canX and why do we need it?
Hi

In this article you can see canX comparison with the KNX system. I tried to look on both technologies from my experience point of view. Feel free to share your comments a specially when you disagree with me :Smile
The article is here

Happy reading

BR

Daniel
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi.

I have one question that is very important to me and many others KNX fanatics. Do you plan on removing the KNX TP connection for all your gateways in the future?

BR.
Kai-Roger
(12.10.2018, 12:13)Kai-Roger Wrote: Hi.

I have one question that is very important to me and many others KNX fanatics. Do you plan on removing the KNX TP connection for all your gateways in the future?

BR.
Kai-Roger

Not at all. We will support KNX as long it will exist. canX is new additional technology which can co-exist together.
Ctrl+F5
(12.10.2018, 12:41)Daniel. Wrote:
(12.10.2018, 12:13)Kai-Roger Wrote: Hi.

BR.
Kai-Roger

Not at all. We will support KNX as long it will exist. canX is new additional technology which can co-exist together.

Will there then be different models so that one have to choose between KNX TP or CanX before purchase, og is the physical connection on the device programmable?
Yes there is LM just with canX or with both canX and KNX. We have also small canX-KNX gateway which can pass data between both systems.
Ctrl+F5
(12.10.2018, 12:51)Daniel. Wrote: Yes there is LM just with canX or with both canX and KNX. We have also small canX-KNX gateway which can pass data between both systems.

Ok. Good to hear... No i can go into the weekend with peace of mind  Sleepy
here is the device with both interfaces on-board: LM5p-KC

[Image: LM5-KC.jpg]
No KNX + CanX + Dali + 1-wire ?   Big Grin Big Grin
not for now, but lets see. I think we will make some Reactor-type KNX+canX  Wink
to be sure: canx and knx all need their own physical cable or can it still be combined?
(15.10.2018, 11:22)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: to be sure: canx and knx all need their own physical cable or can it still be combined?

Each bus need its own cable.
Ctrl+F5