This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

CanX Equipment
Hi, I have read your articles about CanX and are very interested, I see some benefits and have planned to test it out. 
But I have one concern, when and what type of hardware are you planning to release? And by that, I mean, is it switches? Actuators or sensors?  

I’m trying to make a plan to see where I can use CanX, and where I can use KNX. Because I don’t see by now that I can just use CanX and not KNX. Maby sometime in the future.

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi Evens,
here is the list, but its still fluctuating:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...33#pid8133

We will add also LoRa 433 (as a backup channel, canX over LoRa) (free of charge) in some models, so the count of ports might change.
Hi Edgars,

Sounds good, but im missing 230V dimmers for LED.

Regarding LoRa 433, what does this mean in practice? RF CanX? or gateway to other systems?

BR Even Sundgot.
step by step Smile
LoRa 433 will be used as transparent bridge between canX devices. Changable bandwidth and modulation factor. Thus we can define the network range/bandwidth ratio.
Further, we will also have LoRaWAN implementation, but on LM5 Reactor-type device.

We plan to prepare wireless technology comparison table for better understanding of pro & con of each of them.
Very interesting, if I understand this correctly. Will the LoRa be a redundancy to wired? So, if the wired bus goes down, the RF takes over? Or have I misunderstood?

BR Even Sundgot.
Correct Smile
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(16.10.2018, 06:49)edgars Wrote: step by step Smile
LoRa 433 will be used as transparent bridge between canX devices. Changable bandwidth and modulation factor. Thus we can define the network range/bandwidth ratio.
Further, we will also have LoRaWAN implementation, but on LM5 Reactor-type device.

We plan to prepare wireless technology comparison table for better understanding of pro & con of each of them.

Hi Edgars,
The comparison table you are preparing is very important because there is a lot of stuff (EnOcean, ZigBee, XBee, loRa, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, etc...), and each lobby is fighting to death to promote its wireless technology and for the customer and even an engineer, it is not an easy choice when it comes to design a mix architecture based on wire and wireless technologies.

Thank you for sharing,
B.R,
Chouaibou.