This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM2 ethernet speed
Hi,

I have a Logic Machine 2 (FW 20180828) that on most occasion locks ethernet speed at 10Mbps although my switch is 10/100Mbps.
I have changed cable, tried another port but didn't solve the problem. After some reboots it might lock at 100Mbps but usually stays at 10Mbps.

Any suggestions?

What for do you need 100Mb/s? KNX is 9.6Kb/s
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(19.10.2018, 08:58)Daniel. Wrote: What for do you need 100Mb/s?  KNX is 9.6Kb/s

It doesn't has to do with BUS speed, visualization and system response duration over the internet is what speed needed for.
You will not see any difference. Visu is always saved in cache of browser and then it is only data exchange which are KNX objects.
If you buy new LM5 then you could see some difference as HW is much faster then the very old LM2.
Ctrl+F5
(19.10.2018, 09:12)Daniel. Wrote: You will not see any difference. Visu is always saved in cache of browser and then it is only data exchange which are KNX objects.
If you buy new LM5 then you could see some difference as HW is much faster then the very old LM2.

Actually i do see a lot of difference. Even in lan when lm is locked at 100Mbps the visu page loads at no time, when locked at 10Mbps same visu page loads at about 3-5sec.
(19.10.2018, 09:18)gtsamis Wrote:
(19.10.2018, 09:12)Daniel. Wrote: You will not see any difference. Visu is always saved in cache of browser and then it is only data exchange which are KNX objects.

Actually i do see a lot of difference. Even in lan when lm is locked at 100Mbps the visu page loads at no time, when locked at 10Mbps same visu page loads at about 3-5sec.

hm... in normal (modern) browser it should not matter, let Admin came back from holiday, he may say something.
Ctrl+F5
Let him rest Big Grin , busy winter coming.
It's not so critical, i just have to reboot it 5-6 times and lock at 100Mbps for the moment.
This looks like a hardware issue of some sort. Can you try another switch/router if possible?
(22.10.2018, 06:44)admin Wrote: This looks like a hardware issue of some sort. Can you try another switch/router if possible?

Will try a new router someday soon and let you know.
Just try changing your network cable to the LM.
(25.10.2018, 19:58)rocfusion Wrote: Just try changing your network cable to the LM.

Done that... didn't work. I have changed the switch and for the moment seems stable at 100Mbps...
Hi again,
Seems that changing cable and switch just solved the problem temporally.
The LM still locks at 10Mbps most of the times plus it starts logging Transmitter Error(send 0 receive 1) and KNX/TP Connected.

Is there anything else i could try ?

Thank you in advance
George
Any update?
Since this is a hardware issue the only proper solution is to replace the device. Please contact us via e-mail.