This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Addressing group objects within a script
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, just got my Re:actor V2. Sort of jumped into it after considering using Loxone for a while. Changed my mind due to obvious reasons...

So, I'm just trying to understand the logics of this system. Tried addressing group addresses on the knx bus, and that works, no problem.
But if I want to address a specific group object, how should I do that? Say if the device is 1.1.2 and the input/output is 18.

Please keep in mind my programming skills are quite basic at the moment Smile
1.1.2 is device physical address, you don't need that. Check to which group address is your input/output linked to. This is the object you need to control. The format is X/Y/Z.
Okay, I think I just misinterpreted about the object:write/read commands in the manual. Hoping that I didn't have to assign group addresses to everything I want to control.
This is why:
"1.2.10.Group communication functions
These functions should only be used if it is required to access objects by group address directly,
it is recommended to use single or multiple object functions."

Thanks for clearing that up!