This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Lm4 building lighting
I have a problem with the building lighting project. I’m using DMX with logic machine.
Now, We can give the desired color to the building. but leds don’t turn off when i give the black color?
And When the system enters the time program, sometimes the color changes appear on the first two floors? 
What would be the reason?
Hi
Did you terminate the line?
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(24.10.2018, 07:28)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Did you terminate the line?
BR
Yes, with 250k ohm resistance
I think it should be 120 ohm, Is it working on shorter cable?
Ctrl+F5
(24.10.2018, 08:55)Daniel. Wrote: I think it should be 120 ohm,  Is it working on shorter cable?

I haven't tried the line.I dropped the resolution to 1. so can it be the problem?
I'm just trying to limit the point of failure and always first is the cabling. As you mentioned floors then you have a long cable and then correct terminator is important.
Ctrl+F5
How many DMX devices do you have in your line? Are you using the latest DMX library version (https://gist.github.com/jsopenrb/f97f85f...c6766aae6a)?
(24.10.2018, 09:27)admin Wrote: How many DMX devices do you have in your line? Are you using the latest DMX library version (https://gist.github.com/jsopenrb/f97f85f...c6766aae6a)?

There is 14 dmx devices. Yes I’m using the latest dmx library version.
(24.10.2018, 09:08)Daniel. Wrote: I'm just trying to limit the point of failure and always first is the cabling. As you mentioned floors then you have a long cable and then correct terminator is important.

I put a 120 ohm resistor at the end of the line. At noon, the leds turn off when i give black color. But the evening doesn’t close. There’s still color change on the 1st and 2st floor when the time program is actived. If i color it manually, there is no color change , the system is working properly
I would connect one light on short cable to see if everything works OK. If you have screened cable then it should be gnd on one side only.
Ctrl+F5
(24.10.2018, 19:44)Daniel. Wrote: I would connect one light on short cable to see if everything works OK. If you have screened cable then it should be gnd on one side only.

Let me check u. Should i check 1st and 2st floor’s leds by using DMX devices of 3st and 4st?
One dmx driver, doesn't matter from which floor as long it has short cable to LM.

Read this doc it explain well how to wire DMX and what can cause some issues  DMX doc
Ctrl+F5