This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 GSM VPN tunnel.
Hi,

I have a customer that have a big centralized Scada system with many locations. But they have one very remote location that they want to monitor. This location does not have any internet at this moment.

I have an idea to use a LM5 Reactor GSM on the remote location, and a LM5 on one existing building that is already implemented in the Scada system. Then add a VPN tunnel between the two locations. When the data is received at the existing building, then transfer to the scada systems by Modbus TCP.

Is there an easy way to do this? And if there are internet possibilities on the existing building, does the LM5 needs to be an LM5 Reactor GSM or can it be an LM5 Lite?

Any good ideas? Smile

BR Even Sundgot.
LM can run OpenVPN, but there's no UI configuration for it right now.
Hi Admin,

Thanks for reply, OpenVPN will probably be a great solution. But how do I set it up ? Is it by script or?

BR Even Sundgot.
(29.10.2018, 06:38)Evens Wrote: Hi Admin,

Thanks for reply, OpenVPN will probably be a great solution. But how do I set it up ? Is it by script or?

BR Even Sundgot.

Im wondring about this as well. Is this already in the LM or just prepeard for later ?
The solution already exist but to configure it you would need access via ssh. We need to wait for some api to be able co configure it.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5