This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with modbus TCP on Spacelynk 2.6.0
My client has such device and recently I've added to it new script which connects with Nibe api and read data. This communication has few requests to api to collect all the data but CPU usage isn't alarming, when script is running it is ~0.7 and script executes every 60 seconds.

All was good but after few hours trends stopped and spacelynk lost proper connection  with Modicon i/o which is connected to Spacelynk over Modbus TCP. Other RTU devices working properly.

After switching of nibe script trends starts working but not Modicon, but it is reachable from Spacylynk and error is "Invalid data". Same with "Read test".

I've tried to read data directly by script and it is working with same parameters but from Modbus tab it still have an error "Invalid data".

I've tried reboot Spacelynk, Modicon. I've changed ip addresses on both.

What can I do now?

Please for an advice
Done is better than perfect
Do you have "Persistent connection" enabled for this Modbus TCP device?
Thank you admin for reply

Yes. I've tried also without this setting and nothing changed. What modbus deamon doing in background when I am toggling this option? Is it changing or I must do some process restart to accept it?

How restart this deamon?
You don't have to restart anything. By default the daemon will connect to the TCP device, read then disconnect. Persistent connection mode does not disconnect. This is needed for certain devices that have a limited number of connections available and sometimes will refuse connections.
"Invalid data" is a protocol error which means that the TCP device sent some invalid data. Can you provide remote access to this device?
I will but maybe not immediatelly, I must contact with customer.
Thanks for the access. The problem was caused by a bug that reset the slave ID from 255 to 247 when the Modbus device properties were edited. I've changed the address back and it started working. Be careful when editing it before it is fixed in the next firmware Smile
(26.04.2021, 13:00)admin Wrote: Thanks for the access. The problem was caused by a bug that reset the slave ID from 255 to 247 when the Modbus device properties were edited. I've changed the address back and it started working. Be careful when editing it before it is fixed in the next firmware Smile

Big thanks for your help?
(26.04.2021, 13:00)admin Wrote: Thanks for the access. The problem was caused by a bug that reset the slave ID from 255 to 247 when the Modbus device properties were edited. I've changed the address back and it started working. Be careful when editing it before it is fixed in the next firmware Smile

Hello, 

I would like to know how did you change that, I have been trying to change the slave ID from 247 to 255 but it keeps getting reset!
It shows me 255 on the Modbus tab, but then when I click on the device, I see the default ID 247...
Install RC1
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(17.05.2021, 07:41)Daniel. Wrote: Install RC1

can you explain more please  Smile
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=3358
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(17.05.2021, 07:59)Daniel. Wrote: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=3358

Thanks a lot  Big Grin Big Grin