This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with LM3 V2
Hello,

today my client gave me feedback about that he cannot control his heating system which is controlled via this device(only by knx objects, no visu, visu is on Busch ComfortTouch).

I've checked this and this device was working but indeed on TP it has no telegrams traffic and last telegram received by this device was from 3 days ago. During this time there was "KNX TP: OK" status and no error in Errors tab, no errors in System logs.

If it is about load of this device:
- 1 short eventbased script with tag (3 temperatures runs it every 1 minute),
- 6 binary inputs,
- 3 analog inputs,
- KNX TP load ~15%

Firmware version: 20180828

It is also very strange that today when I've logged to it it had CPU load like ~2. In Processes app I've found that when I was connected with it in one moment there was 80% from KNX backend (I understand that this is because I am connected with it but normally there is no client so it should be very small) and ~0% from other source. I've found also that there is unnecessary Mosaic deamon which also consume ~0% but I've switched of it. I've let only 1 webbrowser tab and now there is load is 0.3-0.8.

I will monitor it but maybe there is some error in new firmware.

with normal TP load ~15% and a few scripts. In Processes app I've found that when I was connected with it in one moment there was 80% from KNX backend (I understand that this is because I am connected with it but normally there is no client so it should be very small)
Done is better than perfect
Have you tried rebooting the device? Since the device is rather old it might have Siemens TP-UART v5.2 chip which can stop working in specific conditions.
Hi
80% for KNX trafic is very high and id doesn't matter if you are connected or not. It sound to me like some KNX loop. I just looked on manuals of this Comfort Touch and it does support routing so you have to ether switch it off on the touch or on LM otherwise you will have loop.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(30.10.2018, 13:32)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
80% for KNX trafic is very high and id doesn't matter if you are connected or not.  It sound to me like some KNX loop. I just looked on manuals of this Comfort Touch and it does support routing so you have to ether switch it off on the touch or on LM otherwise you will have loop.
BR

80% of CPU consumption by KNX backend

~15% KNX traffic

(30.10.2018, 13:28)admin Wrote: Have you tried rebooting the device? Since the device is rather old it might have Siemens TP-UART v5.2 chip which can stop working in specific conditions.

Yes, and this solve for now the problem. This LM I bought in june 2016.
As the touch support IP routing you could switch LM to routing only an talk to the system over IP.
Ctrl+F5
Or there might be a script loop somewhere. Also, processes app CPU load reporting can be inaccurate.
There is no in scripts but probably it is because temperatures which has such configuration. When I was configuring them I've figured out that there is very small maximum delta - 10 which when multiply is used means 0.1 degree. Is there a possibility to sends value only when delta > 1deg or only cyclically 1 per minute?

There is no loop, but this eventbased script could run not so often, I will improve this. But 1 step should be limit sending temperatures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've found that when I've set timer to 60 then it is probably min. interval so then LM sends an update every 60 seconds and not more often. Before, with only above delta and with blank timer LM updates temperatures every 10s. I hope it will work better with this settings. I've tried to find some instructions in the manual but for me it is in this point very unclear.
Timer sends new value every x seconds no matter what. Delta sends when difference between current and previously sent value exceeds set threshold.
So what should be the behavior when timer input is empty? Intuitively it shouldn't send new value cyclically.
And what is the difference to send when Multiplier = 10 and value written to the bus is ~30?

On above settings every 10s the value was sended (I've checked this in logs).
If timer is not set then it defaults to 10 seconds. Send delta is actually specified in volts, this happens before final value is calculated using base/multiplier.
After optimization LM had for a few days CPU usage 0-100% and all was ok but yesterday again I've found that it freezed its KNX IP without any error.

Now it has only one very simple script which do very simple calculation every minute. 3 temperature sensors which sends its value every minute. 3inputs and 3 outputs which are used very rarely. 2 modbus devices(50 objects). No visualisation.

I've did yesterday screenshots:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you don't use KNX IP then disable it.
Ctrl+F5
I am using, this LM is a router.
There must be a loop somewhere, KNX backend cannot consume whole CPU otherwise. Try connecting to LM via ETS or use Wireshark with filter set to ip.addr==224.0.23.12 to see the telegrams.
You can also change multicast address. What else is connecting to LM via routing?
Ctrl+F5
3 MDT routers and 3 others LMs (only IP). I will monitor this LM and maybe I will find this moment when it starts freezing.