This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

router
hi 
i have 2 lines in knx 1.1., 1.2  and 2 ip routers . which is the settings  in wiser for i have visu from lines ?
thanks in advance
Hi,

Is the Wiser for KNX in the main line 1.0? If that is the case just set it to TPUART, if the Wiser for KNX is in one of the 2 lines then TPUART is also fine but then you MUST disable KNX IP features. Or you can also set the Wiser for KNX as IP coupler in line 1 or 2 and remove the KNX IP interface/router in that line. 

In any case make sure to not have 2 active IP devices (or TP couplers as backbone and also IP devices) in the same lines to avoid telegram loops.

BR,

Erwin
hi
this project now i creative tell me please the best way
thanks
Hi,

Normally with 2 lines i would use 3 PSU’s and 2 TP couplers and add the Wiser in main line with 1 160ma PSU and the 2 couplers, behind both couplers a 640ma PSU and your KNX devices divided over the 2 lines.

If you are sure that there never will be more then 2 lines it could also be done with 2x 640ma PSU and one TP coupler between the 2 lines and add the Wiser for KNX in one of the lines. However this is not the methode how KNX tells you to do it but works fine. If you ever need to add a extra line you need to change everything to setup above.

BR,

Erwin
HI
if i use the second methode i will be able to access- programming with wiser in the second line which has the line coupler or ip router?
thanks in advance
To get the LM5 Lite to work as areacoupler just give it a X.0.0 adress and the rest of the routers working as linecouplers set to an adress with 1.x.0.
Is the correct setting TP-UART and the knx ip features active.
Or should it be set to IP routing.
No TP all is IP based. Just want the LM5 to be used as the areacoupler?
(28.08.2019, 19:26)Tokatubs Wrote: To get the LM5 Lite to work as areacoupler just give it a X.0.0 adress and the rest of the routers working as linecouplers set to an adress with 1.x.0.
Is the correct setting TP-UART and the knx ip features active.
Or should it be set to IP routing.
No TP all is IP based. Just want the LM5 to be used as the areacoupler?
If you don't use TP then select IP routing
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5