This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Z-wave issues
Hi

I am testing Z-wave with LM and it's not working well.

First issue is with the Nodon soft remote https://nodon.fr/en/nodon/the-z-wave-soft-remote/
The item detection seems to fail:

For the plug, I use http://www.everspring.com/portfolio-item...mmer-plug/
I can see it, but I failed to control it:

I tried to update object value in LM but it has no effect on the plug.

Matt
Hi

There will come a new App for Zwave. Read here:

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...352&page=2
Do you know if both devices will be fully operational with the new app ?
For the plug, I am wondering if I am missing some parameter/configuration.
(30.11.2018, 10:08)Matt Wrote: Do you know if both devices will be fully operational with the new app ?
For the plug, I am wondering if I am missing some parameter/configuration.

I don't know what will come i the App, but one thing i do know, is that the Zwave protocol is very buggy. To much integration problems between different brands of products and gateways. If all these problems don't get fixed, i almost belive that Zigbee will win the marketshare for lowcost wireless protocols for the coming years.
Maybe I should send back the devices and buy Zigbee instead?
How can you integrate zigbee with LM? Do you have some working devices to recommend?
(30.11.2018, 18:41)Matt Wrote: Maybe I should send back the devices and buy Zigbee instead?
How can you integrate zigbee with LM? Do you have some working devices to recommend?

I have little experience with Zigbee other than i see that some big and serious companies in my country (Norway) is betting "all in" on this protocol. For my case i strongly belive that 2019 will be the Zigbee year here, since "Elko" is soon coming up with the rest of a complete line of Zigbee components, like thermostats, dimmers and relays. Both flush, combined and batterypowered + electric car charger with full Zigbee control and a Gateway.
They altso have a nice clean design that probably is needed to suit the most WAF's around here.

http://proff.elko.no/elko-smart-home/category1732.html
Hello,
I have the Z-Wave stick and it detects it correctly. I want to link a fibbaro button that is Z-wave Plus. Is there some kind of incompatibility?
(03.12.2018, 11:42)rogerabit Wrote: Hello,
I have the Z-Wave stick and it detects it correctly. I want to link a fibbaro button that is Z-wave Plus. Is there some kind of incompatibility?

Hi

I have tried to add the "Fibaro Button" to both LM5, and Homeseer without succsess. I belive that the "Fibaro Button" is only fully compatible to Fibaro's own "HC2" and "HC Light" hubs.
(03.12.2018, 13:07)Kai-Roger Wrote:

Hi

I have tried to add the "Fibaro Button" to both LM5, and Homeseer without succsess. I belive that the "Fibaro Button" is only fully compatible to Fibaro's own "HC2" and "HC Light" hubs.

Finally I have been able to configure it. What I do not understand is that he throws me a value 100 that I do not see anywhere. So I have created a scene with the value 100 and a script that sets it to 0 after 2 seconds.
(03.12.2018, 14:49)rogerabit Wrote:
(03.12.2018, 13:07)Kai-Roger Wrote:

Hi

Finally I have been able to configure it. What I do not understand is that he throws me a value 100 that I do not see anywhere. So I have created a scene with the value 100 and a script that sets it to 0 after 2 seconds.

Yes i gave up on "The Button", and sold them. One of them did not connect at all, and the other one was behaving strange.
[quote pid='10949' dateline='1543848576']
[/quote]
How did you configure the fibaro button to work properly?