This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Outside temperature value issue
Hi,

I've hooked my Swegon ventilation unit to homelynk with modbus gateway. I can read the fresh air temperature register ok and the values are correct when outside temperature is above 0 °C, but then it goes below the reading jumps to 6552 °C or so. I quess this has something to do how the register is built but I cannot get the readings correct with any bus datatypes. (Should homelynk automatically know how to convert register values to correct negative output value if the datatype is correct?) I think 2byte signed integer should do the trick.

Is there something that I haven't noticed or is this something that has to be dealt with a custom script? Any suggestions.

Here's the line from my JSON file and the Swegons register.

{"name": "Fresh air temperature", "bus_datatype": 8, "type": "inputregister", "address":6200, "value_multiplier":0.1, "units": "°C"},

.pdf   SmartModbusRegisterFull1_1.pdf (Size: 312.46 KB / Downloads: 35)
Use "datatype": "int16" for signed ModBus values. I suggest using "float16" bus_datatype so decimals can be displayed as well.
Thank you very much. This worked like a charm, didn't realize I had to set the datatype separately for the modbus.
Is it possible to share your JSON file?
(06.12.2018, 17:18)RagingBull Wrote: Thank you very much. This worked like a charm, didn't realize I had to set the datatype separately for the modbus.

+1 on thomasjl question.

Would be nice if there were a library with modbus profiler.