This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Time delay by pushbutton
Hello,

I'm using Sentido by Basalte pushbutton, where I dim lights by using Jung DALI Gateway (Catalogue: 2099REGHE).
I'm having a problem with the dimming function, where whenever I try to dim the light by longpress, there is a delay when I press the button and when I release the button. I'm not sure why there is this delay. Settings in DALI Gateway: DALI curve is set to linear, soft ON/OFF function is OFF, time delay function is also OFF. It shouldn't be caused by sentido, because when I'm not using DALI Gateway but rather some 2 channel dimmer by Jung it works nicely. Do you guys have any idea why this might be happening? The delay is around 0,3-0,4 of a second.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

Isn’t this just a basic KNX device question?

Check first the parameters of the sending device (Basalte) and if there is no delay set for long push then i would monitor the bus on general traffic load and check what side is causing the delay and contact the manufacturer Jung or Basalte.

BR,

Erwin
Hello,

Thank you for quick response, I checked the things you said but nothing seems to solve the problem. I'll contact manufacturers as you said. Thank you for help anyway.