This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

dimming two lights at once
Hi!

I have several lights I would like to dimm at the same time with the same button. Each light has a KNX dimming object assigned to it (4/1/1 and 4/1/2). Can I create a new dimming object and script it in such a way as to dimm the "real" objects? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Cheers!
Hi
Why don't you just create new knx group for all of them?
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I guess that's where my brain is not helping me. I have a group (4/1/3) that should dimm both, but how do I tell the dali balast (dev 1 and 2), that are linked to 4/1/1 and 4/1/2 respectively that when 4/1/3 is dimming, they should, too?
Do you use LM dali or external KNX/DALI ?
Ctrl+F5
LM Dali
The easiest is to link dimming object to the same group then they will work together. Do you want to also control them separately?
Ctrl+F5
(11.01.2019, 10:21)Daniel. Wrote: The easiest is to link dimming object to the same group then they will work together. Do you want to also control them separately?

that's exactly what I want to do. Dimm them separately and together when needed.
Then you have 2 options:
1. Technically correct way - Create DALI group and then control them via script. Unfortunately our tool still do not allow to create grouping and you would have to use an external one.
2. Link them over KNX via simple script like this

Code:
value = event.getvalue()
grp.update('Dali Internal - 1 4-bit dimming', value)
KNX is much faster than DALI so it should work flawlessly, specially that we just use IP command here.

BR
Ctrl+F5
(11.01.2019, 10:51)Daniel. Wrote:
Code:
value = event.getvalue()
grp.update('Dali Internal - 1 4-bit dimming', value)

thanks Daniel!

So I take the dimming object that to link both and I do this?
Code:
value = event.getvalue()
grp.update('4/1/1', value)
grp.update('4/1/2', value)

to update both?
Yes you need new object let say 4/1/3 and create an event based script on it with your code.
Ctrl+F5
works like a charm, thanks!!