This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Value status from dimming function
Hello, 

I'm using dimming actuator (3904REGHE) by Jung, where I use outputs for light dimming. I have created a script, which takes care about memory function. It had to be done through script, since it is somewhat special request that can't be done with actuators settings. The problem I am having is that when I dim the light, I don't have any feedback value that tells me what percentage is the light on. The easiest for me would be to have some kind of script, that would be inside of the dim function group address (3.007 dimming control), that automatically sends actual brightness value to another group address when the dim function is at 0 (it's either 0, 1 or 9 I think). Is there anything such as this?

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi
The dimmer must send you status feedback regardless of the control command. Make user you set it to send on change.
Br
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
3904REGHE returns absolute brightness. What's exactly the problem? I'm planning to use this actor. So won't do it if there's such big issue.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
I mean that the dimmer has 3 values. Switching, which changes the value 1/0. Dimming, which is only paired with a button dimming function and dims the light up and down. The third one is brightness value, which is a value that you can set to something and the light sets to that exact value. The problem I'm having is, that when I use the dimming function to dim the light up or down with a button dimming function, I don't know the exact percentage the light has. I can't seem to find any feedback of status. I might be wrong here though. It doesn't transfer the value to the brightness value function or anything like that.
Check manuals, it must have feedback otherwise trough it to the bin Wink
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
According to the documentation here https://downloads.jung.de/public/en/pdf/...ghe_td.pdf
There should be " Feedback for switching status and brightness value". Check page 65.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
I ran it through ETS and you have to enable feedback under "Enabled functions" for each channel, then enable feedback for switching and brightness under "Feedbacks"

Best regards, Jørn.
I'm so sorry, I thought I checked all the settings but apparently I'm blind. Thank you everyone for bearing with me. I have found it finally.