This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Processes app has some issue after update
Hi,

I've tried today update Processes app on LM5 and after update there is some error:
"Loading failed for „script” element from source „http://ip_address/apps/data/processes/bower_components/webcomponentsjs/webcomponents-loader.js”."

On Firefox it stops whole app but on Chrome app still works but it also logs this error in console.
Done is better than perfect
I just updated (I had not yet read buuuudziks message...) the app on LM4 version 20160714 and I have the following error (Firefox and Chrome):

Code:
Error in /www/apps/data/processes/index.lp at line 26: unexpected symbol near '='

No errors in the log.
App seems stopped...
@buuuudzik, which firmware version are you running, have you tried clearing cache?

@baggins, you need to upgrade firmware for app to work
I have the latest firmware. Yes, I've tried clearing cache.
Done is better than perfect
It was a bug. It is fixed now. Please update the app.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(15.01.2019, 08:45)Daniel. Wrote: It was a bug. It is fixed now. Please update the app.

The app is not marked for update on my LM. Do I still have to upgrade the firmware first?
If yes, I cannot do this at the moment, so in that case, is there an easy way to downgrade to the previous version of the app?
Hm. It should pop up regardless of the firmware. This should be the older one https://we.tl/b-Xvs8UZb7a4 install via file. Yo may need to uninstall current first.
Ctrl+F5
(15.01.2019, 09:16)Daniel. Wrote: Hm. It should pop up regardless of the firmware.  This should be the older one https://we.tl/b-Xvs8UZb7a4 install via file. Yo may need to uninstall current first.

I uninstalled the current one first and then tried to install the newest version: same result, so it looks like an upgrade is necessary.

In the mean time I installed the old version from the file, but there is a problem with that one.

After installation, I assign a group address to the Temperature and it shows up in the list of KNX Objects with the correct value. However, after that, the value is not updated anymore.
I can see the value change in the App...
This temperature info is pointless in this app...
Ctrl+F5
(17.01.2019, 13:52)Daniel. Wrote: This temperature info is pointless in this app...

Why is that?
I have used it from day one on two different LM. It may very well be that is not extremely precise, but it gives an indication.
This is from my other currently still working LM (which I did not update...)

It used to work, so why doesn't it anymore?
This information is useless and you just wasting resources of LM.
There are different types of hardware and there were 2 different functions to read temp. Not sure which one was used in which version as we didn't develop this app.
Ctrl+F5
(17.01.2019, 14:10)Daniel. Wrote: This information is useless and you just wasting resources of LM.
There are different types of hardware and there were 2 different functions to read temp.  Not sure which one was used in which version as we didn't develop this app.

I am a bit disappointed by that answer...

I am using a functionality provided by you for a long time now and now you are telling me it is useless. So why provide it in the first place?

As to wasting resources: the only thing I do is let the app update the group variable which is then exported together with some others. The graph is generated on another machine.
As I mentioned this app wasn't developed by us. It was done by SE and a manager had this genius idea to add this functionality. The whole point for process app is to see live processes so you can debug it when needed. When you monitor temperature then there is constant daemon running in the background which add some resources.
This feature seems to be working on latest fw and latest app.
Ctrl+F5