This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Vanderbilt (Siemens) SPC
Hi,
Is it possible to communicate directly with Vanderbilt (Siemens) SPC, and integrate all commands and states?

Best regards,
Hi
Here is our partner which made the integration and he is selling it as full solution
http://www.knxlogic.eu/product/spcway/
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(14.02.2019, 08:28)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Here is our partner which made the integration and he is selling it as full solution
http://www.knxlogic.eu/product/spcway/
BR

Hi,
I already knew this product, but they use the EDP protocol, instead of the Flexc protocol. But I need a bidirectional communication, and I think that the EDP protocol is only to report, or I’m wrong?

Best regards,
Hi David,

you are correct: we are using the EDP protocol.

However, this is a full bidirectional protocol. This means that we process panel events and states an can publish them on KNX (or Modbus/BACnet/...)
But we also take in KNX write (and req) telegrams to issue commands inside the SPC panel. For example you can unlock a door or arm an area.
Inside the SPC configuration, you can fully configure what commands you whish to expose on the KNX side and which you want to keep purely inside the panel for safety reasons

We are also aware of the Flex protocol and we have regular direct contact with the SPC product development team in Ireland. Today, there is no plan on the SPC side to stop support for EDP given the importance of the current use of that protocol.
Thanks to our good contacts and Vanderbilt's acceptance of our development quality, we are, with the SPCway, an official technology partner of Vanderbilt. We regularly do tradeshows together. Most recently our products were showcased by Vanderbilt on the Dubai security fair in January.

I hope this clarifies your concerns
Christof
Don't ask what we can do in KNX but wonder what we can't - www.KNXlogic.eu
(15.02.2019, 08:31)cdebackere Wrote: Hi David,

you are correct: we are using the EDP protocol.

However, this is a full bidirectional protocol. This means that we process panel events and states an can publish them on KNX (or Modbus/BACnet/...)
But we also take in KNX commands to issue commands inside the panel. For example you can unlock a door or arm an area.
Inside the SPC configuration, you can fully configure what commands you which to expose on the KNX side and which you want to keep purely inside the panel for safety reasons

We are also aware of the Flex protocol and we have regular direct contact with the SPC product development team in Ireland. Today, there is no plan on the SPC side to stop support for EDP given the importance of the current use of that protocol.
Thanks to our good contacts and Vanderbilt's acceptance of our development quality, we are, with the SPCway, an official technology partner of Vanderbilt. We regularly do tradeshows together. Most recently our products were showcased by Vanderbilt on the Dubai security fair in January.

I hope this clarifies your concerns
Christof

Hi Christof,
Many thanks for your explanation. We will analyze your solution and decide about it.

Best regards,