This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Integration with ETS
If I understand integration with ETS correctly, the only way to export GAs from ETS and import into LM (or at least) spaceLYnk is via the OPC/ESF export format from ETS. This is an archaic export format from the stone age (ETS3) and one consequence is that the data point types are not imported into spaceLYnk. In a project with 500+ GAs, it becomes a very tedious task to manually correct the data point types wherever needed for visualization/scripting purposes.

Any plans to rather use the more modern XML format type from ETS, thereby being more aligned with the current year of 2018 and making our lives easier?
:-)

Thanks in advance
(01.12.2018, 10:33)mjaanes Wrote: If I understand integration with ETS correctly, the only way to export GAs from ETS and import into LM (or at least) spaceLYnk is via the OPC/ESF export format from ETS. This is an archaic export format from the stone age (ETS3) and one consequence is that the data point types are not imported into spaceLYnk. In a project with 500+ GAs, it becomes a very tedious task to manually correct the data point types wherever needed for visualization/scripting purposes.

Any plans to rather use the more modern XML format type from ETS, thereby being more aligned with the current year of 2018 and making our lives easier?
:-)

Thanks in advance

Hi

You just export your .knxproj to your desktop, and put it in this link: Smile

http://openrb.com/knxproj/

Remember to check "Include parent level names in object name"

Then import the new file as "Json".
Wow. Sounds absolutely marvellous. Do you know if it works with the spaceLYnk also? Could simply try, but do not want to risk jeopardizing my half-finished project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

Nope, SL has no json import option but you don’t need it in my opinion.

Just import the ESF and after import filter on object type and use mass edit to change them to the desired object type in one handling. On all projects this is a 20 second task so i don’t see the problem here..

BR,

Erwin
(01.12.2018, 12:53)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Nope, SL has no json import option but you don’t need it in my opinion.

Just import the ESF and after import filter on object type and use mass edit to change them to the desired object type in one handling. On all projects this is a 20 second task so i don’t see the problem here..

BR,

Erwin

Hi
I disagree a little bit. Without the function "Include parent level names in object name" in the ESF, my group objects get quite messy after import in my LM. Its much more tidy with parent level in object names. Then it altso will be no "#" on the end of every object names that is the same between the middel and main groups. My opinion is that both LM an Spacelynk should have a .knxproj import function built in. Can't be that hard to implement .knxproj import function for you guys Smile
Hi,

I use (S), (D) , (V) etc as suffix in my ETS adresses so i don’t need to know the middle adresses, but in your case you could end up with # tat is correct.

I have a script to load the JSON from the FTP location and that result in same as using import button (:

Altough i never use it..

BR, 

Erwin
Would it be possible to ask for a copy of the script?

Thanks
Christian

(17.01.2019, 13:55)mjaanes Wrote: Would it be possible to ask for a copy of the script?

Thanks
Christian

I would like this as well..

The ESF-import is not good, and should have been discontinued. I see that KNX is starting to face this out of ETS. I would not be surpriced if it was no longer there in ETS6.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
Hi,

Try this:
Code:
-- Load needed libs
require('uci')
require('json')

-- Add objects without data type
add_no_dpt = true

jsonstring = [[

-- Paste here your JSON result from http://openrb.com/knxproj/

]]

-- Create formadata
formdata = {
  file = jsonstring,
  json = true,
  addempty = add_no_dpt, -- optional "add groups without data type"
}

-- Function to get vars
function getvar(k)
  return formdata[ k ]
end

-- Function upload (dummy)
function upload()
 -- empty function must be here as normaly the file gets uploaded
end

-- Execute action to create objects from JSON
res = dofile('/lib/genohm-scada/web/objects/import.lua')
--log(res)

-- Disable current script
script.disable(_SCRIPTNAME)