This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Bacnet Client
Just a question about the Bacnet client app. 

Tried it on an spacelynk at the office. Worked great. 
But now trying it on an LM5 on a site with lots of bacnet devices and it is not finding anything. Tried turning of the original bacnet server. but no luck. 

Any tips on what to try next?
BACnet server must be disabled, client and server cannot work together unless they use a different port number. Which firmware version are you running on LM5?
(06.03.2019, 07:45)admin Wrote: BACnet server must be disabled, client and server cannot work together unless they use a different port number. Which firmware version are you running on LM5?

HW: LM5 Lite + Ext (i.MX6)

SW: 20180822
Try installing our BACnet client package and see if it works: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-18-imx6/pkg/gen...9_imx6.ipk

Uninstall client app before that and reboot LM after package is installed. BACnet server still needs to be disabled.
(07.03.2019, 07:45)admin Wrote: Try installing our BACnet client package and see if it works: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-18-imx6/pkg/gen...9_imx6.ipk

Uninstall client app before that and reboot LM after package is installed. BACnet server still needs to be disabled.

Packages installed and the instructions followed. But still nothing.
You can run BACnet scan from a script as well:
Code:
res = io.readproc('bacwi')
log(res)
(07.03.2019, 11:49)admin Wrote: You can run BACnet scan from a script as well:
Code:
res = io.readproc('bacwi')
log(res)

We are using Bac2, how can i change the client to search there. Guess it is using 47808  as standard.
Like this:
Code:
res = io.readproc('export BACNET_PORT=47810; bacwi')
log(res)
(03.04.2019, 11:24)admin Wrote: Like this:
Code:
res = io.readproc('export BACNET_PORT=47810; bacwi')
log(res)

In what section do i run the script. Resident or scheduled or other.. I am wondering why the bacnet client app does not find anything. Tried an export using the normal server and then i find it with yABE. This works. But disable the normal server and try to do search via the app. But always returns blank. But about 30 products on the to find.
Type of script does not matter, just run it once.
(03.04.2019, 19:14)admin Wrote: Type of script does not matter, just run it once.

Still empty. Yabe finds alot. 

But i mostly need the other way so i will stick with the native bacnet server. At least that one i got to function. 
Thanks for help.
This won't affect BACnet client app port. As far as I know port cannot be configured there. It uses default 0xBAC0.